NYE home alone?

Options
stephabef
stephabef Posts: 936 Member
I opted to stay in this year, mainly because I have work at 9am tomorrow morning! However, I also drank waaaay too much last night and have plans to go out tomorrow night with work buddies who also have to be up super early today. My boyfriend is going to a show, but I'd much rather have a quiet evening in with Netflix and some popcorn. What about you? Why aren't you out and about?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There is no place close by and won`t drink and drive so I will stay here and relax with some beer and wine. :)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Staying home with the hubs watching tv and drinking crown and diet 7. . . We will be going out monday evening to watch the Fiesta bowl at our local bar (go OSU Pokes!) So that will be our celebration!...hopefully
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is going to leave you at home alone?? What a punker.

I decided to stay home, but my boyfriend was sweet and said he's stay home with me. We'll be doing the Netfix thing too and probably also popcorn. lol
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby are both stuck working late tonight. :( Not sure when we'll actually get a celebration, but hopefully soon!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Dislocated my shoulder bench pressing on Tuesday so I am stuck at home and I am on pain killers so I can drink anyways.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Stayiing in and saving my calories for the Rose Bowl on Monday.....GOOOOOO DUCKS!

Shirley (in Oregon)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Relaxing at home with the hubby and the pups :)
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I was going to stay in but my drunken friends talked me into going out.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I opted to stay in this year, mainly because... I also drank waaaay too much last night...

Last night's pre-NYE party in the city turned into the weekend event. Staying under calories & relaxing at home tonight with a movie and the cat on my lap :)
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the only time I've ever been home alone. First 3 years of my adult life I was in a relationship. The following 2 years I was with friends at a bar or a party. This year I've been more reclusive and insanely busy. So while friends are out of town or at the bars and my ex is off with his new girlfriend, I'm sitting here watching re-runs on my laptop. I could go out, but I don't want to be a third wheel and there really isn't anyone who cares enough to make sure I get out of the house in town. I'm also off work tomorrow (my only day off all week) with no plans and the gym isn't open. I'm trying to just stay calm and not drown in self-pity. I just hope the whole cliche of "How you ring in the New Year is how you'll spend your year" isn't true... because I really don't want to spend the next year feeling this alone.

#weak moment.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm not alone (got my daughter) but I've been fighting a headache and have been depressed so I wouldn't be good company tonight.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm staying in, alone, my little man is with his dad tonight. But I have wine and a good book. :)
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting bronchitis the last 2 weeks, and am still feeling like poop. Plus no babysitter!
  • Bandstrh
    Bandstrh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Having a family New Years with my hubby and kids. We played some Foosball, and the board game 'You Don't Say', which was a blast - our kids are 10, 11, and 12. Now watching the Canada vs USA juniors game. By the way, Canada's winning 3-0 in the second. Go Canucks!!!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is going to leave you at home alone?? What a punker.

I decided to stay home, but my boyfriend was sweet and said he's stay home with me. We'll be doing the Netfix thing too and probably also popcorn. lol

I told him to. We have opposite schedules on Saturday/Sunday - we work at the same bar, and I'm a day shifter and he's a night shifter primarily. Weekends are rough because we both always work 'em, but the bar is closing early, so he's catching a Saturday show for the first time in a while. Also, we live together... so I see enough of the stinker ;)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yeah staying home with my husband. Got some good food and drink, watched Die Hard, and relaxing :)
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    All of my friends that are going out are in serious relationships and taking their SO's with them. I'm single. I didn't want to be the 3rd wheel. In addition, there's nowhere close enough to drink without driving, so we'd end up having to stay at someone's house, meaning I'd not only be the 3rd wheel, but would also have to stay the night with one of my friends and her boyfriend. Talk about awkward. I just didn't feel like dealing with it tonight. I'm watching a big bang marathon on TBS and enjoying some junk foods before I start fresh tomorrow. A couple of my friends tried to get me to go out, and I admit I lied and said I wasn't feeling well. I'm honestly having a better time here by myself than out feeling awkward and "left out" (being the only one not in a couple).
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend went to Atlanta without me so I am home and alone :( Trying hard not to make brownies and eat them all out of sadness
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I opted to stay in this year, mainly because I have work at 9am tomorrow morning! However, I also drank waaaay too much last night and have plans to go out tomorrow night with work buddies who also have to be up super early today. My boyfriend is going to a show, but I'd much rather have a quiet evening in with Netflix and some popcorn. What about you? Why aren't you out and about?

The husband is on shift today at the firehouse (24 hours) so I decided two weeks ago I wasn't going to do anything celebratory. Getting sick last night cemented that plan. lol.
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Laying on the couch with Big Bang Theory and Netflix when it is over!! My sick 8 mo old just went to sleep and my hubby is offshore working so I will sneak out at 12 (if I am still awake--10 hours of sleep in 4 days might make it hard) and go watch fireworks from the backyard. They have been going for about 2 hrs now but the big/good ones always are at 12. We live in the country and can pop all night and you will be able to see them all night.

To the lady that mentioned about ringing in the new year alone etc......In the 8 years my hubby and I have been together we have spent 1 NYE together and that was our very first when he was moving me to Louisiana to be with him :) Since then we have not spent one single holiday together--I always ring in the new year solo because he is at work and I won't get out with all the crazies driving drunk---I would like to live past NYE!!