Mcdonalds meal 1320 calories Wow

Options
I went to McDonald and I went way over board in one meal.
I just put in my intake and was surprise!! I had skip lunch and had dinner with hubby before a movie and we decided to go to McDonald bad mistake. Well I learn the hard way, next time eat lunch before dinner or stick to the salad :(

Replies

• TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Another trick I've learned (the hard way!!) is to research the menu before I go somewhere. That way, I can choose my meal in advance, knowing how many calories I have left for the day. It makes it easier to make wise, informed decisions!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I use the mfp app on my phone that way..no surprises..but don't beat yourself up..it's one day :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to have fast food I usually skip the fries and coke, these add loads of calories. I just grab a burger by itself, or even look for the grilled chicken options which usually have less fat and cals.
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    Another trick I've learned (the hard way!!) is to research the menu before I go somewhere. That way, I can choose my meal in advance, knowing how many calories I have left for the day. It makes it easier to make wise, informed decisions!!

This is what I do too. If I know I am going to go out ot eat, I will work out extra to make sure I don't go over that day too.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When I first got serious about weight loss, I started researching every fast food restaurant that we ate at on a regular basis. So I knew what to eat. It takes a while but you'll get it and in the mean time, don't fret, just get back on track.
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your input, lots of good advise.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Skip the apple pie and the mocha, and you'd have saved over 500 calories :-)
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    lots of places have nutrition menus. I ate at Red Robin today and found it very helpful. I am also doing low carb plus low cal and it was awesome to have.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Surprise!?
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    It's silly isn't it the amount of cals that are in the food in mcdonalds. Next time if you do go opt for the grilled chicken salad I think its 250 calories and you get a nice big bowl of it too. Or opt for a kids meal there 500 cals not ideal but if you ever have to go there again at least you've cut the calories by half. Xx
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    even the salads at McDs have a large calorie count if you have the dressings. Best to just avoid the place and find somewhere healthier! The only thing I have there is the coffee and porridge (oatmeal).... :)
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    We get coffee at Mcdonalds. They offer a deal with the coffee to get a muffin for cheap- but yesterday, as we were pulling up to the drivethru, I tried to look up the "best" muffin I could get there. Despite being able to justify the calories, I looked at the amount of fat and decided I would find my breakfast at home for a LOT less fat, and it was definitely worth the effort. That was a great achievement for me. It would have been way easier to get the muffin, but I was able to fit in so many other healthy foods instead.
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've had these wicked cravings for french fries so I researched some healthier options online. If you're ever just after the fries and stuff, chop up some russet potatoes (I cut them so they're pretty small...a la McDonald's lol), lightly beat one egg white and lightly brush it on the potatoes. Throw some seasoning on 'em, stick them in a 400-450 degree oven, and bake for 20 minutes. MUCH healthier and it really gives me my fix!!
  • abeerobeid
    abeerobeid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was as shocked as u are when i found out that couple of days ago :D dont worry ur nt the first one... I was also disappointed from the fact that all the food i love to eat when am out are extreamly high in calories and fat... Pizza, Burgers, Mcdonalds...
    I hate how tasty food can be :P
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I looked for a healthy take out (something I rarely have) and find the best option is a lamb shish kebab with all the salad and no fries or sauce. Its just chunks of lean lamb in a pitta with lots of salad and tastes great
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I love McDonald's. What I do is fill up on vegetables first. It works!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i went to mcdonalds the other day and had a diet coke (0) cals, a hamburger (250) cals and a fruit and yogurt parfait (170) cals.

it's all about chosing the healthier option...
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It adds up so fast there! I went once before I was really seriously counting calories but just testing the waters and my Quaterpounder meal was well over 1100. Now when I go (which I still do because I love McD's and I like to treat the kids there once every month or two) I get a hamburger and small frie with a water for only 480 calories. Funny but since I savor every bite and it's a rarer and more special treat I think I enjoy it much more than I ever did before.
  • iksta
    iksta Posts: 8
    Options
    I was told that curly fries have more calories than 2 fried chickens....:noway:

So no McD for me....I can't take anything there anyway.
    :sad:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    big mac / med fries : 920 cals

quarter pounder / fries : 890 cals

those are my two main mcdonalds meals. granted, i don't eat them often. probably a poor diet choice, but not absolutely horrible depending on what else you eat that day.

skip the real soda for sure. it does nothing for the meal. diet coke all the way for me.

it is possible to eat at mcdonalds and get healthier options. but i mostly just go there for pre-designated high calorie meals.