10lbs, $10, $2,000 Vacation?!

Options
I have noticed some people give themselves a bit of a reward after losing so many pounds. I think this is a really nice way of not only rewarding ourselves for losing weight, but a nice way to keep motivated too. I’ve tried to think of a few things here and there that I may want to do for every 10lbs lost and I have come up a bit short on ideas. I started to wonder what other people do to reward themself to keep them motivated and reach their goal.

Something I thought of right away was putting away money for every 10lbs I lost. Once I reached my ultimate goal this money saved up would go towards my very first vacation. I’m almost 26 years old and I have never gone on a vacation because I’ve always believed I was too big to enjoy anything.

Enjoying new activities and things is one of my goals during this journey. So, along the way after every 10lbs lost I have come up with a few ideas for something new to do or buy… but I need more ideas. Here are some ideas I have come up with:
- Amusement Park/Rollercoaster rides
- Buy some nice heels or calf high boots
- Shopping Spree for new clothing
- Canoeing
- New weight set or treadmill?
- Ice Skating/Skating in general
- Paintball
- Hiking in the mountains
- New running shoes
- Vacation

So, as you can see- my list is not that big and I am having a hard time thinking of things I could do. What would you suggest or what have you done to reward and keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I myself have found that a money reward is the best way to keep myself motivated. I have decided that I am going to put away $10 a week until I have reached my final goal. Then I'm going on a big ol' shopping spree for new clothes! I'm hoping to do this by my 21st birthday which is in June
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    I am addicted to buying myself awesome clothes now!!! It is so much fun to go in the dressing room and have things look good! I love wearing them!
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So, it seems money and clothing are a good option to put down. Thank you ladies. Any other suggestions?
  • anewdana
    anewdana Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i reward myself with a spa day or a massage.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    maybe a hair cut/colour or massage
  • jillfrd
    jillfrd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went to a really really nice salon and got blonde highlights in my hair!

another nice one is jewelry-buying something really nice that when you wear you remember that you EARNT it. a bracelet or a ring is great because when you put it on in the morning and see it all day you can be reminded of your goals to be healthy.

or treat yourself to gold class movie tickets! or going to the zoo or aquarium.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My next goal is a falconry experience. I can't wait! Am currently enjoying the spoils of my first goal, spa weekend. LUSH!!

The only thing I'd say about putting money aside, is that it's easy to dip into. You want to avoid that at all costs!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am big into rewards whether it be going new places or little trinkets. I should start putting money back for a new wardrobe. But I am still on the way down and running through clothes :).

The Next Big one is a Bike at -100