I really need help!

Options
I was wanting to know if I should buy a treadmilll...or a wii fit or maybe even both...I'm so confused...I c them use the treadmill on the biggest loser...but I dont know...I'm gonna buy some 5 lb weights...but about the treadmill...I been wanting one to help me lose some weight so I could really jump into my workout dvds...please help!!!!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    I was wanting to know if I should buy a treadmilll...or a wii fit or maybe even both...I'm so confused...I c them use the treadmill on the biggest loser...but I dont know...I'm gonna buy some 5 lb weights...but about the treadmill...I been wanting one to help me lose some weight so I could really jump into my workout dvds...please help!!!!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would be lost without my treadmill. I don't use it much in the warm weather months because I walk/run outside. But for the winter and rainy days it's a must. I am on my treadmill at least 5 days a week minimum but really go for 6 days and then try to add in a couple dvd workouts a couple days a week. If you decide to buy one just do your research...cheaper isn't always better.

Good luck!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A treadmill is good, if you can afford it. I just bought one recently and I love having the convenience of not having to go to the gym to do cardio. Do you live in an area where you can walk outside? You could take a thirty or forty minute walk or easy jog outside. It's a lot cheaper and you'd be getting some fresh air. Also, check your tv stations to see if you get an exercise channel. In my area we have On Demand and we can get some Jillian Michaels workouts and others on tv. Good luck with whatever you do.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I use the tredmill, but I didn't buy it. Look, in today's economy, I'm just not going to fork out the investment, even if it is justified. My office has a decent one and I use it. If I didn't have that, I'd be hittin' the road for a nice long walk and tell myslef, I love nature. :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I love walking jogging and running but I hate treadmills. FInd a large space to use instead- like a mall in the early mornings. You'd be shocked at how many people do that. And it's frrrrrrreeeee.
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Thank all of yall for your comments...I have the money to buy one...I'm only looking to spend 400 or so...and I have already bought the workout dvds...thanks yall im just confused
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    I have a treadmill and a Wii Fit. My hubby bought me the Wii Fit and I find it pretty fun, but it takes way too long to get a decent work out in, but is great for strength training/balance exercises/etc. I bought my treadmill 4 weeks ago (prior to that I HATED exercise!!!). I purchased it on sale for $399, it folds up and is exactly what I needed. Since I got it I have been doing 45 min 6 days a week. And for me the best part is that there are no excuses....My treadmill is right there to use so I feel guilty if I think about not using!!! Keeps me accountable!
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Okay so I was thinking and I have came up with...I'm gonna wait...i'm gonna give myself 1-2 months to lose atleast 10 lbs without buying a treadmilll..and if i cant do that then I will buy a treadmill...does that sound good???
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    ...I would definately get a treadmill...
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    There are lots of ways to get really good cardio without a treadmill...TurboJam, Hip Hop Abs, Ashtanga Yoga....and then when it warms up you can always go outside.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Double Post...
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A treadmill is the best way to lose the weight.... You have to buy a good one that will incline.. This will work ya a little harder. But if you wont use it , don't buy it. I will even use it in the summer when to temp gets to high... Don't forget to push as hard as you can... Good luck :drinker: