MFP Runners Club 03/01/2009

Options
Got my 7 miles in this morning. Kinda tired after running 13 miles yesterday. I tried to eat enough calories yesterday but I still fell short of replacing all the calories I burned yesterday by about 600 calories I could tell in todays run because my legs felt dead. I still managed 10:35/mile. Tomorrow is tough, no running day only weight training so I have to eat a lot less.

154312.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Got my 7 miles in this morning. Kinda tired after running 13 miles yesterday. I tried to eat enough calories yesterday but I still fell short of replacing all the calories I burned yesterday by about 600 calories I could tell in todays run because my legs felt dead. I still managed 10:35/mile. Tomorrow is tough, no running day only weight training so I have to eat a lot less.

154312.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Ran 6 last night. Planning on a longer run today.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ran my 1/2 marathon today, pacing my friends again (yeah, we were that group running together, talking again) 2:08, my slowest ever, but we had fun!!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Just finished 8 miles in 67 min. On treadmill of course, because it is freezing here.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I did 37 miles on the bike and ran 6 miles after. It felt great. A little chilly, but not too bad
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Did 4 this morning... felt pretty good after such a long run yesterday!

~Leash
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Ran my 1/2 marathon today, pacing my friends again (yeah, we were that group running together, talking again) 2:08, my slowest ever, but we had fun!!

Congrats on a good run. I'd be thrilled with 2:08 - 2:12 is my PB. I'm sure your friends enjoy having a good pacer and a fun run is always a good run.
  • runnerdad
    Options

Congrats on a good run. I'd be thrilled with 2:08 - 2:12 is my PB. I'm sure your friends enjoy having a good pacer and a fun run is always a good run.
    Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Awesome job!!! That is a great time and sounds like you had fun too. That's what counts. :flowerforyou: Wanna come pace me for the Indy mini in May?? :wink:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    9 miles yesterday (my personal best) woo hoo! 6.5 miles this morning.
  • duffyzmom
    Options

Thanks!

Awesome job!!! That is a great time and sounds like you had fun too. That's what counts. :flowerforyou: Wanna come pace me for the Indy mini in May?? :wink:
    Hey Jess - I did the Indy last year. What an experience? I'm glad I did it but man that is a crowd. I hope you got your preferred seating submitted it makes a huge difference. I was running at the start line which I heard doesn't happen the further back you are.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Hey Jess - I did the Indy last year. What an experience? I'm glad I did it but man that is a crowd. I hope you got your preferred seating submitted it makes a huge difference. I was running at the start line which I heard doesn't happen the further back you are.
    [/quote]
    Cool!! My running buddies did it a couple years ago. I hear it's kinda crazy with 35,000 people running it! :bigsmile: I did get preferred seating, in the under 2 hr corral. (my last half was 1:59) Are you close to Indy? I'm in central IL, so not too far away!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Actually, I grew up in the Indy area and had always wanted to run it. We live in Michigan now so it wasn't too bad of a drive. I was so excited about getting to run on the track (we used to have yearly tickets to the 500) It ended up being my least favorite part of the run. I did it just for fun and enjoyed the entertainment and had a beer on the course. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. The only way I'm doing it again is if I can get a group of friends together to do it.
  • runnerdad
    Options

:laugh: Maybe I should go into the business of pacing slow long distance runs:laugh: I have another friend who suggested I go to Colorado this summer to pace her the last 30 miles of a 100 mile ultramarathon. Rockies, summer time- might be fun. Mountain running in the dark, bears, cougars - maybe not:laugh: