Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for support - new member

Hi,
I have been wanting for quite a few months to try to start losing weight again. I lost over 100 lbs 2 years ago...and now I have gained it all back and then some. For me it's my way to hide from the world, a kind of protection if you will. I know how to make healthier choices, I just haven't been doing it. I have been debating what the best course of action for me is because I wonder if going to a meeting will be beneficial for me just to get out of the house and do something outside of myself. But I have done that in the past and I find that the groups often get too comfortable and its not a real support system, more of just a chat session about whatever, or talking about how hard it is, or making excuses. They just seem to lax for the kind of support I think I need.
I do not want to diet. I am 38, and I need to change my lifestyle to a point where it can stick to it. For me eating is emotion based and I get that, but it is to the point where I am isolating because of my weight and it needs to stop.
Hopefully, this place is the right place to start.

Replies

• Bump
  • kyllyan
    kyllyan Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am also 38 and just joined too. I'm sick of all of the ups and downs and especially gaining back what I worked so hard to lose. Today is my first day!:smile:
  • hello i am Danni and i am just starting this process again after 11 years o f lazyiness and looking for others who what to get together and exercise and share our goals of weightloss
  • MY goal is to lose 50 lbs by May then keep it off and maybe lose a few more. im tired of fat gut! always had gut, never flat belly but i am determined!!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Requests sent x
  • hi im sheniece i just signed up and im also lookin for people who wants to movtivate each other. im really serious about loosing weight
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Request sent.

Eating was an emotional thing for me as well. Still is although I am way more in control now than I have ever been in my life!

This is a lifestyle change and not a diet!

Best of luck on your journey!
  • Hello, I just joined today. I am 44 and looking to lose 20lbs. I lost 10lbs doing a Biggest Loser Contest at work and now that the contest has ended, I have had some of the bad foods again (which I knew that I would). I do not want to gain all of the 10lbs back so I am going to try this program and hope that :smile: it will work for me!