What foods have you mixed together that you really like?

Options
Today I had a little time to experiment... for breakfast I had 100 calorie oatmeal, with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 cup fiber one cereal stirred in.

So it sounds kinda gross, but let me tell you.. it's fabulous and very very filling (250 cal total)...

Have you mixed together any odd food combinations?

Replies

• SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    bump

Don't tell me I'm the only weirdo here LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    in the summer I eat my oatmeal cold (like cereal) with as many things as I can throw in, cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts,berries, honey, PB, etc.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    granola bar crumbled into pudding. i eat it at least once a week as a treat :)
  • SLT4273
    Options
    Ooh thanks for the replies, I am going to keep your ideas in mind. The more the merrier.
  • SLT4273
    Options
    Here it is, 3 hours later and I've not needed a snack yet.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I know I have, but I can't think of any offhand.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    applesauce and cottage cheese. Tomatoes and cottage cheese is my favorite meal in the summer!!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese into leftover beans and rice, or cottage cheese on top of reheated leftover spaghetti and vegetable sauce. yummmm
  • SLT4273
    Options
    these all sound so good, i need to go shopping again LOL
  • _John
    _John Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I add teaspoon of dessicated cocoanut to porridge (oatmeal) before cooking
  • Nsdnjbl
    Nsdnjbl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pickled beets (homemad) with scrambled egg, yum
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I totally LOVE cottage cheese and 1tbsp sunflower seeds..Yummo.. A nice crunch and a little bit of salt.. I eat it everyday as my mid morning snack..Love it
    :smile:
  • SLT4273
    Options
    these all sound so good! this is helping me create my next grocery list.
  • redsdrift
    redsdrift Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well my favorite is Hungary man pancake but i make waffles with strawberries and light cool whip 2 pieces of turkey bacon , and 2eggs. 460cal for breakfast .
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I had some dates leftover from Christmas, and tonight I added them to a tagine of chicken and chickpeas - wow, incredibly good!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Some of these combinations aren't so weird but.....

Cottage cheese is good with anything!!! I put a cup on top of a huge salad and it acts as the dressing. I've read some people pour their tuna pouch over a salad but I've not tried that yet.

We grew up eating peanut butter in oatmeal......but, I don't cook my oatmeal sweet....butter and cheese in oatmeal is the best...and a crumbled piece of bacon!!! Yummmmm....

Lately, for a treat...mix one packet sugar free pudding with fat free cool whip...any flavor pudding...the whole bowl is only about 600 calories so it's a pretty low cal treat. Fruit is good in it too.......or cottage cheese mixed in, too.....if you need protein but I was trying to keep it low cal.

I like my brown rice mixed in with my salad, especially if I"m eating Ranch dressing on the salad. Yum....

I grew up eating peanut butter, mustard and lettuce sandwiches!! YUM...not had one in ages....wish I had some bread right now!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    i like all sorts of random foods together -

- mash potatoes mixed with salad cream
    - cheese and jam wraps
    - parsnips covered in tomato source
    - yorkshire pudding and tomato source
    - crisps dipped in soup
    - tomato source and mayonaise mixed together and then dip my chips in! :D
    - chips dipped in ice cream! yummmm
    - rice n beans
    - chocolate spread on pancakes!
    - sprouts and cottage cheese :)

i think thats all of them, haha
  • SLT4273
    Options
    i'd like to try peanut butter with yogurt.

i gotta take it easy with pb though, i'm an addict and could EASILY overdo it. :angry: