The Petite Advantage Diet

Options
124»

Replies

• JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I couldn't imagine losing w/o cardio. It would make sense to not do extreme weight training but not, not do any cardio.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of finally targeting a diet at shorter people lol. I know I tend to maintain at 1500 calories where most 'average' people are on a substantial deficit and losing weight eating 1500. That being said I don't think cardio ever hurt except it makes me want to eat more and seeing as how I burn less doing cardio (being short) have to be careful it doesn't make me over eat. But really this is all stuff I was able to figure out without a guru telling me what to do lol.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    He's advocating cutting out healthy fats? I mean, yes, if you are a smaller person you need fewer calories but that is hardly guru material...

"Limiting intake of high-calorie foods like olive oil and avocado can make a huge difference, he said.."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2079454/New-Petite-Advantage-Diet-reveals-weight-loss-tips-SHORT-women.html#ixzz2M9105rep
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Sorry...sounds stupid... I'm 5'2'' I've lost over 50 lb they same way tall people lost weight.
    what she said .... sounds stupid! I'm 5'2 as well and although have not lost 50 lbs i am always more fit and lean (with less weight) when I cardio.... makes no sense
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also think this is stupid. I'm really tired of the whole "short women need to eat less blah blah blah." I'm 5'0" and 33 years old. I started MFP at 134 and got down to 106. I started at 1200 and did lose some weight (but eating back exercise calories after I realized netting really low wasn't cutting it) and then bumped it up to 1500 and lost even more weight. I recently bumped my calories up to 1700 because I am trying to get pregnant. I lost all of my weight doing a combination of strength and cardio. It took me about 10 months to lose 28 lbs because I was slow and responsible about it.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 3.5 inches and have an apple shape body. I'll check it out, thanks for writing about it. Maybe he thinks excessive cardio is bad. I know when I run an hour, I'm starving!

As you should be - running for an hour is a lot of work. Hunger is your body's way of asking you to replinish the energy you just depleted.
  • Inkybit
    Inkybit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I'm down 70 lbs nearly to goal. Ive only changed my eating. I don't work out really, when I did I couldnt drop anything. I walk my dog, I work on my feet, and I stretch once or twice a day.
  • acshannon1
    acshannon1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ok I am 4'11" in december started counting calories and running for 45 min 3 times a week and lost no weight. I started the petite advantage diet and in one week have lost 6 lbs. Everyone can say what they want but it is working. He is not against cardio for just petites he's against cardio for everyone. If you had ever done one of his workouts you would find that at the end of the work out you are completely out of breath. my heart is going way faster at the end of his workouts than it does when i run and i dont jog i run.
    I think alot of the weight loss has to do with the 2 days of low calories and 1 day of higher calories. Everybody is a sceptic just try it. It is a healthy diet with appropriate ratios of protein carbs and fats. When i do the diet exactly im not hungry like on other diets ive been on.