Is anyone else struggling to get back in the zone today?

Hi I’m Cher and started on MFP in October, with great success.
I’m reaching out to the community a to find friends, as one of my New Year resolutions is to seek the support of others!
Over the Holidays I had a naughty week of indulgence and need to get back on it! Is anyone else struggling to get back in the zone?

I can be very focused, love exercise and it would be great to hear the success and struggles of other driven, motivated friends. There are loads of inspirational people on here and I’m looking for friends to help me to stay track, and like wise I will support and motivate them.

BTW I’m in the UK and would welcome friends both side of the pond!

Happy New Year

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    i did pretty well; exercised every day, limited splurges to a couple days. but overall calories were up somewhat. my weight seems to be up about a pound, but that might just be the insane amounts of salt i have consumed. i salted my salt when it wasn't salty enough, lol.

kicking back into regular eating today. have to say that after the full flavor food, my usual stuff is a tad bit bland. that feeling probably won't even last the day.

but yes, i know what you mean.
  • chezmoss
    chezmoss Posts: 79 Member
    I'm back in the swing of things with my exercise. Phew
    I've buckled down with my food and hope to be back in the swing of things very soon!
  • Motivation is my down fall. I have all the knowledge and know what it is that I need......Motivation gets me everytime! So, here's to 2012 and I'm gonna kick my motivation in the butt! Would love to get encouragement and give encouragement.
  • I also struggle with motivation....in my head i know exactly what i should and shouldn't be doing but then i may have a really bad day and come home sit and snack all nite but 2012 is now here so here goes - feeling pretty motivated at the moment so fingers crossed but would always love some added encouragement!! :)
  • Tany27
    Tany27 Posts: 21
    Yeah...the festive season was a bit of struggle....All the sugary stuff.....back on track with the meals....exercise is still and issue with the weather!!!
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    I am on the recovery of two weeks of family parties (between my husband and myself we have a LOT of family) and am hoping that two weeks of eating what I wanted without too much thought will have tricked my body enough to shed a little more this week. All i can say is that I welcome the cold winter so that the parties will be kept at bay.
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    yeah over the holidays i wasnt very motivated. however, now that its a new year and a lot of my other mfp friends are on track, it is getting me motivated again. i cant let another year go by being overweight. i even made a health lunch today!! yay me!!!!