2012 COMMITTMENTS - What are yours?

Options
Many people mention New Year resolutions. Personally, I don't believe in them as most don't follow through. For me, I consider what might be committments - which are personal promises and promises in my world absolutely should not be broken. It means creating a plan of action, step by step, and following through.

Mine are:
March 1 - Get to goal weight and start new health plan
Get financially stable and have some $$ put away for a downpayment on another house

Those are huge goals so that's it for me and I have a plan for both.

What's yours?

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    1) Graduate with my BA in Art History/Administrative Studies with high honors in June.
    2) Get down to my previous low weight (137 pounds, goal is 135) and maintain it.
    3) Pay off all debt minus student loans (and start paying off my loans so I will have less to defer) before I start my Master's program in the fall.

Those are my big 3, it will take a lot of focus and patience in the first half of the year, and once the second half of the year rolls around, I'm sure there will be new goals to tackle based on my life at that point.

Good luck!
  • iamaclno
    Options
    I am new today but I just wrote down my "commitments" and here are a few of my most important:

- spend more quality time with my family (commitment to volunteer at least twice a month at my boys' school in their classrooms - tough for me since I work all nights but this is a must and I am committed to being there more this year.)
    - date night at least twice a month with just hubby and myself (once a week would be fantastic but I am trying to be realistic)
    - lose 50 lbs by end of 2012
    - save money also for down payment on property
    - donate time and effort to a charity - and get my boys involved this year as well (they are 5 and 7 years old)

I love the commitment idea in lieu of the "resolution" that so many of us always seem to break. I can commit to the things I have listed above. Thanks for this and happy 2012! :happy:
  • Jaidee1979
    Jaidee1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of mines:

[+] Lose weight
    [+] Save money
    [+] Find a better job
    [+] Go back to school
    [+] Be happy