Progress, finally! (albeit small)

Options
missbis
missbis Posts: 116 Member
I finally made some (small) progress: the scale budged! I lost *1* pound! I vacillate between 202-197 and the scale finally read 196 after 5-6 weeks of regular exercise. I also lost ~4 inches total off my bust, waist, hips, arms, and legs! As I said, small victory but as I lose weight/inches slowly, I know it will be easier to keep it off. I lost 40 pounds a few years ago, but I was eating the same thing every day--basically crash dieting without exercising. I gained most of it back! Just hoping that this steady regimen will stick as a lifestyle, not a quick fix. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey, sometimes the scale budges very little, but since you're exercising and losing inches, you're probably gaining muscle. Keep it up!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'd take losing inches over losing pounds any day, inches are what people really see.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congratz! Slow and steady, with a focus on fat loss, not just weight loss. This is how you lose it and keep it off! And I bet that one pound looks like five. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!