When your feeling discouraged

Options
Hi all I just kind of want to send a little reminder to anyone feeling discouraged or not seeing the numbers they want on the scale...Here is the deal weight loss is ONLY an added bonus to all the hard work and dedication we do daily...Dont get discouraged because your not seeing pounds drop or inches fall off...There are MUCH more important things going on inside of your body that we cant neccessarily feel or see...So next time your feeling in a slump think about this...Your getting physical activity, Your more than likely smiling more and gaining self confidence, your eating healthy and making choices anyone could be proud of....dont get caught up on the pounds shed.....think about ALL of the other added bonuses you get by sticking with it. Good luck everyone!:drinker:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi all I just kind of want to send a little reminder to anyone feeling discouraged or not seeing the numbers they want on the scale...Here is the deal weight loss is ONLY an added bonus to all the hard work and dedication we do daily...Dont get discouraged because your not seeing pounds drop or inches fall off...There are MUCH more important things going on inside of your body that we cant neccessarily feel or see...So next time your feeling in a slump think about this...Your getting physical activity, Your more than likely smiling more and gaining self confidence, your eating healthy and making choices anyone could be proud of....dont get caught up on the pounds shed.....think about ALL of the other added bonuses you get by sticking with it. Good luck everyone!:drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Great advice, myastyme!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    ***amen***
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yep I need to think this way thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Good call girl! Marvelous!
  • rojames52
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This is very true, while I don't always practice what I preach! :laugh: I got on the scale today to be disappointed that after seeing a pound loss on Friday a three lb gain today. I'm guessing it's probably water, but I mentioned to bf, he weighed himself while I was at the grocery and was depressed when I came back. So I need to be careful and stay away from the scale, and esp then tell him.......:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Very timely and helpful reminder..

I also need to remember that I am asking my body to do more (both frequency and intensity) than I have in recent past. I sometimes forget that it needs some time to adjust to the extra activity.

Today I got upset when I couldn't complete the 30-Day shred as well as I could on Weds.. completely forgetting that I rode a horse for the first time since Thanksgiving yesterday.. My poor muscles were in shock.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for reminding me.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    This is such an important reminder. I am one of those people who gets really depressed if I get on the scale and it hasn't gone down dramatically every time I weigh. So, one of the things I am doing this time is also taking into account that I FEEL stronger, the way my clothes fit is changing, and I am able to fit into things I've never worn. (You know, the things you bought because you know you will fit into them in a couple of weeks. I have things like that from here to size 14! :blushing: )

This is another extremely important piece of the puzzle, because its about my attitude, my self-talk as much as it is about the healthy changes in my body. After all, one of the reasons I got this far out of shape was what was going on inside my head. THANKS! :bigsmile: