Views on Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home"

Options
Hello,

I'd be grateful to hear of any opinions on Leslie Sansone's "Walk at Home" series. My wife is keen to start losing weight, but too shy to go to a gym. We've seen an example of the 15 minute workout on YouTube and she likes the look of it, but we'd be grateful to know if anyone has had success, or othwise, using the method.

TIA, Peter

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great starting point. I used it to get into working out and it helped me lose for sure. Now I find them a bit too easy but still use them when I have days I don't really feel like working out or it is all I can squeeze in.
  • jujuwoome
    Options
    I really like them. I still burn a lot of calories doing them. And they are easily adaptable to beginners. Plus she has so many dvd's out there it's hard to get bored. Once you get the hang of it, her work with the resistance bands and hand weights really add a lot to the workout.

I can't really afford gyms around here and it's too dark and cold so this is perfect for the winter months.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them too. The 15 minute one is a great place to start, and she has several that are longer, one that has you walking 5 miles by the end. You can get them on dvd, youtube, and sometimes even free from On Demand Cable.
  • catwalking
    Options
    I've been a WATP walker for about 25 years or so. Love the variety of the tapes. I have some with the stretchie band and some using weights. Anything from 1 mile to 5 miles. They are great for a beginner too.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I find them really boring to be honest, I tried one not sure which I was literally bored out of my skull and switched it off before it had even finished.
    I guess it works for some but if I want to walk 5 miles I'd rather go outside much more interesting.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I like them as an option when it's too cold or rainy out. I do them with hand weights for a better calorie burn. They variety of them is nice - check your local library and see what they have available. Then you can find a few worth investing in.

After you watch the first few minutes you can mute the volume and turn on your own music - that helps with the boredom. The moves are pretty simple to keep up with and you don't need her guidance if you want to listen to something else.
  • DisneyAKL
    DisneyAKL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have several and have used them on and off for years. Great starting point and when you are to a 4 or 5 mile walk that is a really good workout in my book. I do get bored if I am not switching off between different ones. I try to borrow them from Netflix before I buy.