WiiFit Fun

Options
Hello MFPers,

I have been really sick and off of the site for about 2 weeks but finally feeling better. I had a friend out of town visit this past weekend and found a WiiFit at the mall...been looking for what seems like ages for it around here. I was feeling well enough to try it out but not to take a chance of getting anyone sick at the gym. Tried it out and love it! Actually got me to sweat which I didn't know if it would, and I LOVE the yoga. It's great that it focuses so much on the balance aspect since it's so important and underplayed. I know a few other MFPers have been using this. Has it worked for weight loss/increased fitness for anyone out there? I just started but I can see this is going to be addicting :love:

Replies

• neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPers,

I have been really sick and off of the site for about 2 weeks but finally feeling better. I had a friend out of town visit this past weekend and found a WiiFit at the mall...been looking for what seems like ages for it around here. I was feeling well enough to try it out but not to take a chance of getting anyone sick at the gym. Tried it out and love it! Actually got me to sweat which I didn't know if it would, and I LOVE the yoga. It's great that it focuses so much on the balance aspect since it's so important and underplayed. I know a few other MFPers have been using this. Has it worked for weight loss/increased fitness for anyone out there? I just started but I can see this is going to be addicting :love:
  • celicagts001
    Options
    I had it for a couple months and to me its better to just hit the gym. I lost no weight
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I asked my MFP Pals about the Wii, and I and they told me about the Wii coach, I bought the wii coach and I love I am still sore from yesterday. It tells you every thing what kind of workout you need, calories burn,I LOVE IT. And it has so many kinds of workouts
    Congratulations on your Wii !!!!!!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit and I honestly think you can get out of it what you put into it. When I turn on the game I make myself do 30 minutes of aerobic games before I move onto other and most times I end up doing more aerobics because I really like them. It can get your heart rate up if you put effort into it. Like anything, if you're going to do it half heartedly then that's what you'll get back. I do the island run and I am sweating and my heart rate is nice and up there the whole time.

I work and have a 7 month old so going to the gym isnt an option for me right now. Wii fit is my savior, if I didn't have it I wouldn't be up and moving at all. I combine it with wii sport and have a blast.
  • presariofaded
    Options
    I love my wii fit too! I've lost 8 pounds since christmas (it would of been more if I actually kept to eating healthy haha)
    It can get your heart rate up (and burn calories) if you actually try hard. And it keeps graphs/charts of your weight, BMI, and how long you worked out for which is really helpful =)