I went grocery shopping today...

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
... and picked up a 10 lb bag of potatoes... and my husband said 'just think you have lost 2 of these off your body!' Wow, how awesome is that? That really put it into perspective for me. I suggest next time any of you are grocery shopping, you pick up a 5, 10, 15lb bag just to see how much weight that actually is! Very motivating!

Replies

• jdelisle
    Options
    ... and picked up a 10 lb bag of potatoes... and my husband said 'just think you have lost 2 of these off your body!' Wow, how awesome is that? That really put it into perspective for me. I suggest next time any of you are grocery shopping, you pick up a 5, 10, 15lb bag just to see how much weight that actually is! Very motivating!
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    That kinda reminds me of "The Biggest Loser"...usually near the end of each series, they make them put on a "fat suit" that weighs what they've lost and then make them do a challenge both with & without the suit so they can see the real difference.

Amazing, isn't it? :smile:
  • jdelisle
    Options
    That kinda reminds me of "The Biggest Loser"...usually near the end of each series, they make them put on a "fat suit" that weighs what they've lost and then make them do a challenge both with & without the suit so they can see the real difference.

Amazing, isn't it? :smile:

Oh that would be cool! This season is my first time watching BL, that will be a fun episode!
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of BL for awhile. To my suprise this season a good friend of mine from Michigan Helen and her daughter Shannon are on the show. I could'nt believe it. I've been jumping for joy ever since. Helen has been one of those rare people in my life that has been an inspiration and someone I admire. The kind of person that makes you want to be a better person.
    I hope all the best for her and her daughter. With her sweet sincerity it is hard not to like her. She has been a caretaker for others and I'm glad to see she finally found a way for others to help her take care of her.
    I miss her and I can't wait to talk to her.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of BL for awhile. To my suprise this season a good friend of mine from Michigan Helen and her daughter Shannon are on the show. I could'nt believe it. I've been jumping for joy ever since. Helen has been one of those rare people in my life that has been an inspiration and someone I admire. The kind of person that makes you want to be a better person.
    I hope all the best for her and her daughter. With her sweet sincerity it is hard not to like her. She has been a caretaker for others and I'm glad to see she finally found a way for others to help her take care of her.

Wow, it is nice to know she really IS like that in real life! She has really kicked some butt on the show! Being around her age, I am happy to see what I can accomplish-thru her!!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Yea amazing isn't it!!:laugh: I live on the 3rd floor and not sure I could carry up 200lb some lbs back up and down like I used too, somehow we do it and then we hear that click..the bulb goes off and then we look back and think 'how the HECK did I EVER do THAT!?' :noway: :huh:

:noway: I have no clue how:laugh: ...I only know it feels good to not have to anymore and I think that's pretty awesome that hubby thought to compare that so you could REALLY see it and feel it for real just how far you've come.

When I haul up up a 35 lb. bucket of cat litter and a 16lb. bag of catfood plus my gym bag all at one go...OMG...that is ALOT..so one day maybe I'll see if I can walk with 100 lbs. of stuff up the stairs, but I'm quite sure my body will not ALLOW me to carry more as it did it too long and just plain doesn't want to anymore:angry::laugh: :laugh:

But as always we do what we have to do in life, so my body carried me when I couldn't carry myself in regards to being healthier but now I"m taking care of IT!. :drinker:

So glad you shared!! Makes one really stop and think:drinker: :noway: :wink:

FC:heart:
  • jdelisle
    Options

That is so cool, you know, Helen seems like such a sweet lady with the biggest heart of all! She reminds me so much of my next door neighbor its not even funny. Its really good to know that its not all just for the camera's and that she really is sincerely sweet.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 20 lbs, before you know it it will be 3 bags.
  • TrailRunner
    Options
    Yep she really is that sweet. My first thought was that everyone is going to like her. I'm still kinda excitedly freaked out that she's on the show. Every time I see her it's surreal. I love the show and her and together it's wild. I remember thinking after a couple of episode's waiting for the glint in her eye to know she is serious and pow there it was. I'm so proud of her. I haven't been able to reach her so I imagine they are not aloud to talk till the end of the show I'm guessing.

Ha, she was the one that turned me on to rollerblading. I tried to get her to go to yoga class and now she's doing it with Bob. Oh I can't wait to talk to her.

The first challange they did involved climbing over a big mound of dirt and I'm yelling at the t.v. "Helen remember the sand dune up north!" We had climbed this sand dune with much struggle but finally got to the top and it was fantastic. I wonder if she thought of it.

It feels like so many cross connections of what was, what tried to be and what is now, if that makes any sense.
  • TrailRunner
    Options
    Super duper congradulations on the 20lbs. I'm trying to loose 25, 30.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I always compare my weight loss to pounds of butter since it is fat too. I have dropped over 20 lbs of butter!

Thanks a lot of butter!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is awesome. You are doing a great job
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! such awesome feeling
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    I love the biggest loser!!!!!! I would love to be on there!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!