Big overnight loss?

Options
I tried searching but couldn't quite come up with my question.

I try to weigh in once a week because otherwise it can really affect me if I get a temporary gain. Sundays are always my weigh in days.

Yesterday, I cheated and jumped on the scale- it read the exact same weight as last weigh in. Whatever.

Like always, I get on the scale this morning, and I have lost 3.4lbs, which makes no sense. Then I took my measurements, and I have lost an inch off my waist as well.

My question is- does that mean that yesterday, it could have been water weight and now it is all gone? Can I trust this new lower weight?

Edit: I should mention that 3.4lbs is a LOT for me because I don't have much to lose.

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    When you weighed yourself yesterday was that in the morning or evening?
    In either case, if your scale works properly, then sure you can trust your morning weight..
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    This might help explain it:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Yay for the wight loss! :wink:
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    im always up ATLEAST 2 pounds at night then in the morning its gone plus some if ive exercised/ at well ...u weigh less in the morning than at night
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    What time did you weigh the time before? I weigh about 3 lbs more at night than the next morning.
    Also, did you drink last night?
    I'm always about 3lbs lighter the morning after a party (that much lighter than a typical morning weight -- not just the night weight).
  • Sarah0334
    Options
    Water weight can fluctuate plus or minus 3 pounds even though out a day. Depending on what you've have or have not been eating or drinking, or what time of the month it is, your weight may even change more.