Hey Rookie, yeah you, the new guy on here...

Options
So you made a New Years resolution that you are going to get in shape and now you found MFP. So now your thinking that this is going to be the new you and this is the year you are going to do it. So let me give you some advice. We have been here for some time and here are some rules you can follow. First of all fill out all the information and post stuff about yourself and don't lie! We can tell. Post a picture I don't care what but just post something. Also ask people to be your friends because you can't do this alone if you could you would not be here. When you ask somebody to be your friend say something witty or nice or whatever. Don't be a stalker get both gender of friends, stick with your type and work on the friendship. Login in everyday and say something to let us know your alive. I got more but my friends will be happy to post on here and flood this place with advice....oh yeah some key topics to not post are the following:

HCG diet
TOM
I'm too tired to work out
Can I only eat 500 calories a day
Who is your favorite on MFP
Say something about the poster above you (I hate this one)

If you need anything on these topis do a search first.....OK did I scare you? Well then feel free to look at my profile and then look at my friends profile....we are some awesome bad, MF's and we are already on the road so either join or get the f**k out of the way!

That is all for now!

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hallelujah and pass the ammunition!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Preach it, brother.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    1.People are going to spell the word lose wrong.........accept it and move the *kitten* on! Posting a topic on it will not change a thing.
    2. Eat your exercise calories! Dont eat your exercise calories! Use them for arts and crafts! Save them for starving children! If you post a topic on it thats how it will go down so I just saved you the trouble..............your welcome
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    People will make spelling/grammatical errors (as seen in the OP). It's best to just ignore those instead of pointing them out. However, I'd proof read your own posts because you'll be sure to be called out on them.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    BUMP=Bring Up My Post

Either write bump or post a comment. Never both in one post.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention the "should I eat my exercise calories" discussions!!! :wink:
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Muahahaha! I love this post! Great job, Marcello!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    You didn't mention the "should I eat my exercise calories" discussions!!! :wink:

I did
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    OH OH OH I forgot one!!!!!!!!\

NO ONE IS JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
    no one is sabotaging you unless they are actually sitting on your chest while shoving twinkies down your throat
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    Wow. I just joined today and damn! I've been schooled by you guys!!
    I hope I get to have you all in MY corner!
    Thanks for making me smile.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    someone that disagree with you is not necessarely rude. Don´t ask a question if you don´t want the answer.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    every human being is a freak of some variety. let your freak flag fly and your own brand of freak will find you and THEN you will have the best of friends on here.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Please do not post a recipe and ask us how many cals are in a serving. There are things you are just going to have to learn to do yourself. There is a fabulous recipe tool here on MFP. It's your friend.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

I did

Ooops you sure did!!! My apologies!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Take a second to click on and read people's profiles before randomly adding them as friends. Many people kindly ask for some kind of message with a friend request with just a little blurb about why you are asking them to be friends. Please honor this request. You are better off typing something like, "oh my gosh you have amazing abs, please be my friend" instead of getting your friend request denied because you didn't write a message. Because, seriously, if someone has great abs, then you want them to be your friend because they are likely a wealth of information!
  • abrantner
    Options

Welcome Holly.. just about everyone on here is awesome.. :)
  • macpatti
    Options
    Since you're new, there are some things we need to know: Do you breast feed in public, do you make your own laundry detergent?
  • mea9
    Options
    Since you're new, there are some things we need to know: Do you breast feed in public, do you make your own laundry detergent?
    Somebody has a recipe for laundry detergent...? I missed that one!
  • macpatti
    Options
    Yes! It's in the "I'm so cheap" thread. After reading that thread I felt like a spoiled, wasteful brat!
  • mea9
    Options
    Yes! It's in the "I'm so cheap" thread. After reading that thread I felt like a spoiled, wasteful brat!

Found the thread. Some really good ideas - some a little "iffy":laugh: Thank You!!!