50 pounds or more...

Options
1235»

Replies

• all4gabs2
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and have 40 more to go. My goal weight is 160lbs. I've found a great plan and I had a great first day today. Best of wishes, YOU CAN DO IT! :-)
  • bretski7170
    Options
    Hello. I just started today and I was pretty shocked at my first weigh in today. I have 150lbs to lose. Here is a sobering thought, if 1lb of fat equals 3500 calories, then I need to eliminate over 500,000 calories! WOW!
    However, I am excited and motivated to succeed this time. Good luck in 2012!
  • mizzkarisasue
    Options
    I had a goal of losing 100 pounds last year but only managed to lose 30 pounds...I did at least keep the 30 pounds off but I do unfortunately still have 70 pounds to go. I get off track sometimes and need a little pushing for help...I just went back to the gym today for the first time in over six months. Any help and encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Highest Weight: 01/08/2011-246 pounds
    Current Weight: 01/02/2012-218 pounds
    Goal Weight: 145 pounds

Height: 5'7"
  • DixieLady1950
    Options
    does anyone know what to change our daily calories on here? I did a Body Analysis and have to lower my calorie count. I don't use all of my calories anyway. :grumble:
  • Brooklyn8219
    Options
    I'm a newbie to the site -- unfortunately, I'm not a newbie to gaining weight. Since I graduated high school about 10 years ago, I've put on a lot of weight. Now, it's time to change. I have a 2 year old daughter who deserves for me to be around for a long time -- so this ... this is for HER! I'm on my 4th day of calorie counting and I have to say I'm shocked at how much food you can actually eat with as few as 1600 calories. I never use all of mine and I'm actually tired of eating. Imagine that, lol. It's hard to imagine continuing this counting for as long as a year (that's how long I plan on trying), because it is a lot of work. Now I understand why so many people have such a hard time sticking to it. But I think you end up reaching a point where you get fed up, sick of it and are just ready to change your life. That's me! So here I am ... ready to start making ME better! I have a lot to lose ... ideally, I'm looking at about 122 pounds. That seems like it will never happen and almost unrealistic -- and it's shocking that I've even allowed myself to ever look like this. I went from the girl who once was attractive to just plain "gross". I would love to meet some new friends, find a motivational partner and am open to anyone offering tips. My door is always cracked, so come on it -- let's be friends :o)
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    does anyone know what to change our daily calories on here? I did a Body Analysis and have to lower my calorie count. I don't use all of my calories anyway. :grumble:
    [/quote

You can try going to Settings at the top (to the left of Logout) and go to Update diet/fitness profile. Next, you can change your daily activity or change your goal and then hit update.

Hope this helps.
  • amandak555
    Options
    My goal is 60!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :-)
    Good to see there are lots of people with a lot to lose as well - I am currently 215.6 lbs (98 kgs) and aiming eventually to be about 70 kgs (154 lbs) so a long way to go.

I decided to try & lose 10% of my weight first so first goal is about 22 lbs to start with, but eventually 28 kg or 61.6 lbs.

I think coming on MFP and recording food intake & exercise output is a great way to focus. All the success stories are great too. And knowing we are there fighting the same battles as others, that helps :-)

Just trying to put my ticker in ... hope this works.

6575081.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • draayer7
    draayer7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose 100 lbs...I could definitely use more support too! :)
  • toolgirl626
    toolgirl626 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started at 304 lbs, and I now weigh 181. I want to get to 150. I am 5'8". I lost all this weight after I turned 60. Only 30 more pounds to go, but I have a hunch it will be the hardest.
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    I want to lose at least 60ish, could do with a few more friends to motivate and help keep me motivated! Anyone feel free to add me =)
  • usercain
    Options
    hi im arrly, im 65lb over weight and cant wait to lose it! just started this program 5-6days ago! hows every ones progress
  • swan0309
    Options
    I hoping to lose at least 40-50 lbs as well. I am not the best at logging every day. I am a RN and work 12 hours shifts. I am trying to get better. any tips?
  • Andyben1
    Andyben1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First week on MFP Loving the site . 70lb+ to go
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I've lost about half of my initial 53 lb goal (or at least I had before Christmas! Not weighing in again for a week or two to get back on track) since I joined in September, and once I get to my first goal, I'll probably want to shift the goal-posts to lose another half of that again, so about 53lb to lose this year. Good luck to us all!
  • bigdave1068
    Options
    hi there you can do it, last yr i lost over 70 pounds in weight still got 4 to go to reach my target i didnt think think i would do it but i have think posotive and look at something you can look forward to when you have lost the weight :)