All Things Weight Training

Please post it here. I'm thinking about embarking on a weight lifiting regimen since cardio is not really doing it for me like I thought it would. Any advice, tips, suggestions, pics, and successes with it would be much appreciated. I do light weight training (meaing 3 lb dumbbells) and I guess that's why I haven't been sagging as I lose, but I'm still not completely satisfied especially with my tummy which I'm still trying to lose but is gradually coming down.

The only thing I'm thinking of doing right now is just increasing my dumbbell weights cause I'm not big on going to gyms yet. So anything ya got to say, please don't hesitate to advise! =D

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Don' give up the cardio... just add in things like calisthenics, resistance work and potentially about double to much more than double the current weight you're using. You're not using enough to get results.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    I suggest that you read The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Yeah, I started out my journey with calisthenics. Lots of pushups and situps and lunges and all that, then I started adding in the lighter weights and have been using 3 lb-ers ever since. I'm also been doing the 30 day shred and feel I need to get some 5 lb-ers for the easier arm exercises. Do you guys normally weight til you reach your ideal weight and then start toning, or is it better to start now and continue to lose? I was gonna wait til I got closer to 155-165 (currently 184) to start training, but I kinda wanna get in on it now. I hear alot of people start it after their weight loss, is it better to do it that way?

But by the sound of it, I feel I've been doing it all along. My workouts is basically calisthenics with weights added in. So maybe I don't need to do much but up my weights eh? I'm still gonna look into that book you suggested though mamitosami. Thanks for that. =)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Consider joining the groups: weight training
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Thank you! I forgot about those! I found a great one! :smile: