Biking 1000 miles in 2012

Options

Replies

• SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm cycling across the USA this year (mostly virtually). Almost 400 miles into my 3069 mile ride from NYC to San Francisco, via my hometown of Chicago!

That's a good way to do it, hey at least you get to sleep in your comfortable bed each night lol
  • Csharpe3
    Options
    I put another 76.62 miles in this month.

exercise.png
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Done! 1674 Km or 1040 miles in 2012 till Feb 22!!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just gone through the 1800 YTD miles for 2012. Aiming for an average of a 1000 miles per month
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ride the bike trainer in the winter (which, of course, gets very boring and precludes LONG rides) and get outside when the weather is better.

I have a friend that did a century on a trainer.

I can't imagine...
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Done! 1674 Km or 1040 miles in 2012 till Feb 22!!

You have been following me I done the same
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    im in! i used to ride 65 miles daily before i got run over by a car here in miami. havent been on a bike since. after my second round of insanity ill catch up to u guys...lol

see u at the finish line. thanks for posting this.
  • trmecham
    Options
    I'm at 985 since Jan.1st. Should hit the kilo today! Woo Hoo! Unfortunately, nearly all of it has been on rollers. Our first group ride scheduled for President's day was snowed out. 4500 for the year should be manageable barring injury (although the last two years running I've managed to bear hug a tree on the downhill course and break my ribs).
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    182.5/1000 biking
    53.00/500 - running/walking
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Y'all can do it!

I did about 1,001 miles from July to December (and very few before that). So I'll like to exceed that in 2012, for sure.

I ride the bike trainer in the winter (which, of course, gets very boring and precludes LONG rides) and get outside when the weather is better.

:bigsmile:

So far, I have biked 180 in January and 200 miles in February. I'm hoping for another 200 in March. We've had some very mild weather in February so about 50 of those miles have been outdoors. Yeehaw!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have completed 570.37 km or 354.41 miles.
  • SteveCro
    Options
    171/1000 for 2012

best start I have ever had!

Thanks to all you MFP friends to keep me focused and riding!
  • dcmat
    Options
    2 months in, 2126 miles in the bag
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it!!! I did about 500 miles down ( and up, so many hills!!! ) the Oregon coast in 6 days with Bicycle Adventures, and I am not a good rider. I miss ridding, it is such good exercise. Good luck!!!! I know you can do this!
  • SteveCro
    Options
    189/1000 for 2012

• Showcats
    Showcats Posts: 32
    Options
    I got an exercise bike last weekend and did 60 miles this week. Is it better for weight loss to go further with a lower resistance or try a higher resistance even if I can't go as far but burn the same number of calories? Also, if I want to add intervals, should they be intervals at a higher resistance, higher speed, or both? I need to lose another 20-25 pounds and am also doing some strength training. Thanks!

Tammy
  • SteveCro
    Options
    219/1000 for 2012

• Csharpe3
    Csharpe3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Jan/Feb
    429.93 Miles

Lost end of Feb and first of March to injury. Just now getting back on the bike.

March
    38 Miles

exercise.png
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm at a puny 98.8 miles for the year. Not sure if I'll make it but interesting to track it and try. Plus it's finally cycling weather (for wimps like me who don't like to bike in the cold)
  • dcmat
    Options
    I'm at a puny 98.8 miles for the year. Not sure if I'll make it but interesting to track it and try. Plus it's finally cycling weather (for wimps like me who don't like to bike in the cold)

....but you are cycling, which is what really matters