Starting Fresh!

Options
Heyy everyone, im starting fresh, last time with mfp i lost 45 pounds but i took a break a gained 20 back. Im back on track and could use support and tips this time around so i could lose another 50 pounds and get to my goal weight of 150lbs =] Cant wait to meet some of you and hear what you have to say =]

Replies

• TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    females no less than 1200 cals a day
    males no less than 1800 cals a day

why?

if you eat less your body goes into starvation mode which causes it to store which causes weight gain

3500 burned cals = loss on 1lb of fat
    3500 cals = 1lb of fat put on

low carb is key my dietitian says 150 or less per day is a pretty good amount =)

Don't call it a diet just be wise on what you put into your body and treat yourself when you meet your goals

lean meats, red meat and taters 3-4 times in a 2 week period, whole grains keep you fuller longer, heavier meals in the morning, sodium no more than 2400mg a day, fresh fruit and veggies, don't drink you calories, 8+ glasses of water a day, stay away from junk food/fast food/processed food, treat it when you meet your goals, don't eat the samethings daily or do the same workouts or your body will plateau

but i learned all this when I gained 195lbs from quitting smoking, got on track with healthy eating and workouts and lost 156lbs in 19 months (put some back on with stress of buying/selling houses) but back on track now =)

you can do it! promise!
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thanks a lot, your very encouraging and i love you positive attitude!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm stating fresh today after being off plan for a few months. I have some holiday weight to lose and need to get my muscles back :-) What always works for me is sticking to higher protein and lower carb counts. I try to make sure that my carbs are coming from fruits and vegetables, not grain sources and also really limit my intake of ADDED sugar. I don't worry too much if I am getting some extra sugar from fruit or my limited dairy consumption, but the processed stuff really kills my weight loss. I aim for 100-120 grams of protein per day, too.
  • XoCynthiaXo
    Options
    how do you get your protien?
  • TNoire
    Options
    how do you get your protien?

personally i get it from nuts and meats and spinach and other yummy things :love:
  • amberaz
    Options
    Today I had 2 eggs for breakfast, sliced turkey and greek yogurt at lunch, ham and bean soup for dinner. I was actually kind of low on protein today, but also low on calories. Not much appetite after the holidays. I also eat cottage cheese and do protein shakes. I also eat mainly quinoa instead of rice or pasta when I'm watching my diet. It has higher protein and lower carbs.
  • TNoire
    Options
    Today I had 2 eggs for breakfast, sliced turkey and greek yogurt at lunch, ham and bean soup for dinner. I was actually kind of low on protein today, but also low on calories. Not much appetite after the holidays. I also eat cottage cheese and do protein shakes. I also eat mainly quinoa instead of rice or pasta when I'm watching my diet. It has higher protein and lower carbs.

make sure your not under 1200, as a female thats a no no your body will go into starvation mode store everything and cause weight gain, be sure your hitting that 1200 mark :)
  • XoCynthiaXo
    Options
    sounds very good ladies, i really want to get into a routine like a protien shke in the morn bc im starting my gym routine in the morn, any ideas on shakes?
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am back on track now as well and could use the support as well :) I have about 25lbs to lose (relose...?) but anyway, glad the holidays are over and can get back on track!
  • amberaz
    Options
    I just use Six Star protein that I pick up at WalMart. I know it is probably not the best protein, but it works for me and doesn't taste terrible. I just blend a scoop with a cup of almond milk and a few ounces of frozen banana slices or frozen berries.

And yeah, I actually eat 1400-1600 calories per day, I starve on 1200. I just make sure I work out and lift weights to combat my appetite.