Feels good, but...

Options
azzacca
azzacca Posts: 126 Member
Last night, at the NYE party, a long time friend told me I'm getting too skinny and she's jealous. I'm only halfway to my goal, having lost 25 pounds in the last year, but people have really noticed. I may have weighed less in high school, but even as a synchronized swimmer, I wasn't in as good a shape; I have much more muscle definition, more endurance, and eat better.

Now, half of my brain is telling me I look great, and things are going well. I'm down from a size 16 jean being tight to a 14 being very loose. I went from a men's xxl shirt to wearing a women's XL or nearly into a men's medium. We measured thighs in my TEAM Fitness class, and I and the smallest by a1/2 inch.

Then there's the part of my brain that looks at me and says "you're still fat, you still jiggle, you don't look any different". How do I get that part of my brain to leave?

Replies

• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Have you compared photos from before to how you look now? Photos really seem to hit it home for a lot of people. (:
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to that, I feel the same at 1/2 way to my goal too! Lose more weight till the mental image I have for myself matches the mirror, I guess!! lol
  • ruthiepiercey
    Options
    I started losing weight January 2011 and by the end of the year I had lost 53 pounds. I went though the same thing towards the end. I had numerous friends, family members and co-workers telling me that I needed to stop losing weight. I still have a goal of losing 12 more pounds to get down to the 140 pound weight goal, but I feel sometimes that the words of others is preventing me from reaching my goals. It sometimes feels like you should trust what these people are saying to you, but deep down inside I think that if you have a weight loss goal and whatever technique that you are using is working, then you should stick with it until you get there. When you reach your goal, it is up to you if you want to stop or keep going.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Since I hate having my picture taken, there are very few "before" pics of me. I do have a couple from Hawaii that show how big I was. And one other one that shows how much more flabby my arms used to be... But it's a conscious effort to see the difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!