Christmas/New Year weight gain....:-(

Options
I know I've gained wieght....I reached my goal of 44lb/20kgs lost on the 21st December, 2011 - 44 weeks, 44lbs gone. Over the holiday period I ate what I wanted, within reason. Now that I have this wonderful program at my fingertips, I know that I will soon shed the few kilos I've gained......I'm too vain and have so many lovely new clothes to wear now, and I owe it to myself to get back on track....

Replies

• essentialme
    Options
    we will get back on track...hopefully you didnt gain any but if you did you will get it right back off!! :smile: I'm sure that everybody cheated just a little over the holidays....it is soooo hard not to!!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I was where I wanted to be as Christmas approached. I resolved to eat some of what I wanted, and not to worry if the weight went on as long as it wasn't too much. Imagine my horror a week later and 6lbs showing up on the scales.
    However, I have lost so much more than that over the past 3 years, I know I can do 6lbs. Just wish I didn't have to. :frown:
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    Yes and don't worry about what you ate during xmas and new year's but what you eat between new year's and xmas. Just get back to your routine, drink lots of water and Happy New Year!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed myself over christmas and worked hard to shed the 36 lbs before that. I dont feel too bad about a little gain and I felt like I needed a break. it has really motivated me to carry on and I hope I can achieve a further 30lbs loss before summer. Keep at it you have had amazing success. You can do it x
  • HoopoeBird
    HoopoeBird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did good between New Year's and Christmas, and kept track, but ate whatever I wanted on Christmas and New Year's. Only gained 1 pound :) I'm getting back on track today to lose those last 5 pounds that I gained during my first semester of college!!
  • babsmc1974
    Options
    Ahh don't worry I was the same 7 lbs on for me but I did enjoy every ounce of chocolate that passed my lips!! Back to healthy eating now we can do it xx
  • stefprecious
    Options
    I've put on about a stone over last month ;(........ I will loose it though!!!!!!
  • stefprecious
    Options
    I've put on about a stone over last month ;(........ I will loose it though!!!!!!
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    Yes and don't worry about what you ate during xmas and new year's but what you eat between new year's and xmas. Just get back to your routine, drink lots of water and Happy New Year!

Love this!! Great advice :)
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options

Love this!! Great advice :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!