Do you believe in Ghosts?

Options

Replies

• Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in ghosts or anything of the like and people look at me like I'm the crazy one when I say that lol
  • branflake5
    Options
    I definitely believe and have had quite a few strange experiences. At my old house my fiance and I were sitting on the couch in the livingroom we were the only ones in the house and our bedroom door slammed hard, no windows open no reason at all how or why it could have happened, and that was the only time it ever happened, couple days later I we were sleeping and something slapped the top of my foot I jumped up my fiance was sleeping too he jumped up like "what is wrong" I said something slapped my foot. It was impossible to have been him he was sound asleep laying on his side, and this felt like an open handed slap. It was weird. We also used to hear what sounded like a marble being bounced across the tile but never saw anything, that happened a few times. But I always felt like something was watching me from the dining room, no matter where I was in the house the dining room just gave me a very strange feeling.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes. For as long as I can remember I have known there were other entities present. I always pick up on it. Sometimes it's scary but mostly it is reassuring.
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    yes i do.i actually have a black cat that lives in our house!!!i live with my gma who 90,i take care of her.and the black cat has been here since my gma has live here.and shes been here since 1952..the only place we see it is her room!!!this is just one story i have to tell.great topic by the way.:glasses:
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Yes... we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses - most of the time, however, the frequencies are different enough that we aren't aware of it.

Nothing freaky to report, but yes, I have experienced awareness of the other side of the veil.
  • TyatKU
    TyatKU Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can not convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it is based on a deep-seated need to believe.

-Carl Sagan
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I do. Ive had occurances. Ive seen rocking chairs set into motion. Tvs turn on by themselves. Ive watched doors fly open with a huge bang and no one was there. Ive had pans bang on my stove behind me and food fly everywhere. Those are just a few.... I try not to think about it too much because I dont like to let evil in. And being open to that sort of thing leaves the door open for just that. All fun and games to start with but then....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    About as much as I believe in politics being honest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shawnaboo1
    Options
    I believe in ghost my daughter see them and ever since I played the Ouija board i see stuff till this day kinda spooky. I have a lot of stories but that would take up like 4 pages lmao.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I do believe in Ghosts.
    Ha! *points to her user name*
    I have books and books and books about ghosts and we actually think that the man who use to live in my apartment is still here haunting it. He doesn't bother me though :drinker: I have some pretty scary ghost stories if you want to know some send me a message :laugh:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I believe in angels and demons and the Holy Ghost. As far as ghosts wandering around on earth, no, I don't. My belief is that because "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" that once our soul leaves the body, it goes back to God for the judgement. There are "seducing spirits" but those aren't the ghosts of dead people, they are demons.

Most people believe something different on this particular topic depending on religious affiliation, though. I'm non-denominational Christian which is where my beliefs come from.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    What I don't believe is how many of you take a strange incident and race to the ridiculous conclusion that there are supernatural beings amoung us.

No, I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, or anything else.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I believe in angels and demons and the Holy Ghost. As far as ghosts wandering around on earth, no, I don't. My belief is that because "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" that once our soul leaves the body, it goes back to God for the judgement. There are "seducing spirits" but those aren't the ghosts of dead people, they are demons.

Most people believe something different on this particular topic depending on religious affiliation, though. I'm non-denominational Christian which is where my beliefs come from.

I agree, what our religious beliefs are really do shape what we take those things to be.
    I do enjoy reading and watching about ghosts and ghost hunts, but I don't believe in them in the context of having ever been a living human being. My belief is that it's God's angels or demons.
  • onefourone
    Options
    I believe. The only story I have is I was out in the woods hiking alone and felt like i was pushed and fell down just as a very large branch came down where i was standing. Never heard the branch break or anything.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    yes. i use to pet sit. one at one of the peoples house, the dog would bark and not go by this one spot in the house, and another at the lemp mansion in st. louis. i live in st. louis and we went one time, hubby and i, and i looked over, when we were in the attic, and i said, theres some guy standing next to me. he said no theres not, the lady that was doing the tour stared straight at me and said, you see that man that was standing next to you. i felt sane after that. hubby said he knows there was a ghost in the other house. growing up he stayed, in california, at one of the old writers, cant remember who, and him and his family stayed there when he was little and they saw the guy and his little girl who died there.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Personally, I believe that we are all spirits, and I certainly believe that some spirits who have left their physical earth bodies/vessels are still hanging around here for a bit before moving on to a different realm or choosing it's next body/life.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    aww cant wait to read everyone answers. :) this sounds interesting!
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    There are spirits among us, good and bad, I've experienced both

Same here.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh yes- most definately
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Yeah, I believe in them.
    My mom's friend was attacked by one.