Newbie to MyFitnessPal who's lost 140lbs.

Options
Hi everyone... I'm new to MFP, but have already lost 140lbs since 2008 after changing my lifestyle, eating right and exercising. No surgery for me! Even still, I'm a food addict who needs to count calories and avoid my unhealthy tendencies over the winter months to keep from falling off the wagon. Have used the Livestrong Calorie tracker in the past, but my wife came across this site and it looks to have a lot more to offer. As someone who was closing in on 400lbs, I can tell you these things do work. Be honest with yourself and your logging and you will soon start to see the person you are looking for staring back at you in the mirror. Good luck!

Replies

• Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    140 lbs awesome! Welcome to MFP
  • helppolarbear
    helppolarbear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! 140 pounds down. Way to go!
  • steelmagnolia1984
    Options
    Wow 140 lbs lost, amazing, that's what i want to lose , I am so happy i came across this site i can see everyone is so helpful and supportive .
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow 140, that is awesome!!! Welcome to MFP and thanks for the reminder about the power of simply tracking food and exercise.
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ah, you're an inspiration!
  • gyrl76
    gyrl76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration. Keep posting. This is my year to lose!
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success! Amazing, keep it up!
  • xlhammy
    xlhammy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for all, but certainly happy to help and support anyone who may need it. Feel free to friend me if you like. Nice to see so many people wanting to be healthy!

Want to share something. I was thinking of this last night as I read through everyone's resolutions on various social media sites, and this is what I came up with and posted at the time. Others seemed to enjoy it, so though everyone here might as well...

"Tomorrow won't magically provide you with insight and fortitude to make the changes you want in your life. It will be just as hard to do in 2012 as it was in 2011 or any other time. If you're making a resolution for the new year, resolve to succeed instead of simply trying. The power to do so lies within you. Always has, always will, regardless of what time of year it is. Focus, work, persevere and conquer every day. Move forward. Don't look back. Happy New Year. May 2012 be the year you succeed."