On a journey to loose 142 pounds. Looking for friends!

Options
Hey all, I'm Juliane. I'm a college student, 322 pounds, and 22 years old. After so many diets, personal trainers, exercise programs, etc, I think I'm finally ready to start something new. I hope there's someone on here who's in my boat. But either way, I'd love to meet some people and hopefully give them some support!

:tongue:

Replies

• cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site, but not new to losing weight. It's been a struggle for me for a long time. Feel free to add me, and I will be here for your support. :)
  • beckysweetpea
    beckysweetpea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hi julianne,

i have also tried everything under the sun to lose weight, but have gotten sick and tired of losing weight and then gaining it plus more. i have been doing this for 2 weeks and so far have lost 3.2 kg (approx 7 pounds), i am 27 and weigh 136.5kg (about 300 pounds), i know exactly where u have been and i hope that we can both succeed.

im here for support if you want it
  • Tiffany_Danielle88
    Options
    Hi! I understand where you are and have been. I am 23 and 243 pounds. Starting new, hoping it will help me to get pregnant!

Feel free to add me, it would be awesome to have some friends who are in the same boat and we can encourage back and forth. :)
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Hi, first off, congratulations on making a change for the new year, you are on the right site which is a bonus in itself, cause you got support right here. I am taking the same journey, not an easy road, but happy to help out where I can.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hello there are a lot of us in the same boat as you. You can add me as a friend if you would like. I've lost 24 and have 118 to go
  • dawnie140
    Options
    Hi there,

I think everyone feels the same as you, i keep trying all different diets and never works, i think thinking of it as a diet doesn't help, thinking you can't eat chocolate when you want or cakes is what doesn't help. I find with me if i deprive myself of something i want it even more then when i eat i eat lots of it :o) trust me eat everything in moderation, exersise at least half hour 3-4 days a week (make sure when you exersise your heart is elevated) your'll do it. Also my problem is i think i can do a quick fix, that ill be thin in like 6months but it don't work like that. Just keep postive guys, add me if ya wish, im losing some for my hol, haven't got a goal in mind just lose what i can :o)

Good luck to you all

Dawn x
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined. Got a tablet for Christmas and the myfitnesspal ap was on it so here I am.

I need to lose a lot too so I'll be around for a while.

Good luck!
  • nikijs
    nikijs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck I have struggled with my weight since I was in my teens and started dieting at 25 when I was about 300lb and managed to get down to about 140. I yo yo up and down now but always stop when I get close to 200 and get back down to about 150 as I'm happy around there now. So you can do it even though it's something I always have to battle with as I love food. Niki
  • DMartin528
    Options
    hi and welcome congrats on your new start feel free to add me will do all i can to help u
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey add me if you'd like...
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    I am also a college student trying to lose weight!! I would love to be friends!!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Juliane. I'm a college student, 322 pounds, and 22 years old. After so many diets, personal trainers, exercise programs, etc, I think I'm finally ready to start something new. I hope there's someone on here who's in my boat. But either way, I'd love to meet some people and hopefully give them some support!

:tongue:

I started off at 377 lbs with 192 lbs to lose! I'm sitting right next to you in that boat. :flowerforyou: Feel free to friend me for support.
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ooo someone close to my age and weight :) hello and welcome, My name is Billie im 24 and weigh 296 and just started on this site, so far its great everyone is so lovely, helpful and supportive.
    I live in Brighton, England and always looking for friends for support just like you,
    Your more then welcome to add me

good luck xx
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    Well, it's nice to meet people in my boat. i am 26, I weigh 274, I started a few months ago at 284, I had dropped down to 260 but gained the extra weight back. I have PCOS and endometriosis, it makes it very hard to lose weight, especially when I am in pain a lot. I am trying to push through the pain, and get some what of a work out done, as well as eat right. I am looking for friends as well, so others may add me.
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    Hi there,

Congrats on finding MFP! Everyone I've connected with on here is super, and there to support you when you need motivation! I'm 29, 300-something (I haven't weighed in in a while, but last time was 317.) and 5'3". I also have a lot to lose, so add me if you like!

Jane
  • diamondtransform
    diamondtransform Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me 2!!! Add me, I'm trying to lose about 150lbs and I'm looking for a good support system! Also check me out on youtube... Diamonddazzles05 its mah weightloss channel
  • Rebecca_Evans1
    Options
    Hey Julianne,

Same boat - 181lbs and 29yrs old :) Happy to offer support and encouragement throughout your journey. I'm new to this site, but not to weight loss in general. Have already lost 21lbs in the last 18 months, but have hit my plateau period so really need to kick start the healthy eating and exercise this time!

Feel free to add me!

Rebecca:smile:
  • ZoeSmith321
    ZoeSmith321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Juliane
    Have just signed up with about the same amount to lose as you - feel free to add me if you want and good luck with your journey.

Zoë