Ringing out the old year

Options
I took a ritualistic and unconventional approach to saying goodbye to to 2011. I began my diet/lifestyle change last Monday, but last night being the last night of the 2011, I wanted to solidify and close out the old way of eating without thinking. I took the Fat Tuesday approach. I didn't log anything, didn't exercise, grabbed some crab dip, water crackers, and sugar free cookies from the market and dove in. At midnight I stopped and went to be soon after. I spent to today feeling really crappy, not with guilt, but in the physical sense. I hadn't thought about that side effect previously. I also got down and depressed; thought I'd just give it up. Then I passed by the mirror in the bathroom. Still depressed I thought "Man that's hideous." Normally that would be enough to send me straight to the kitchen for a bit of an eating bender. Not this time. Today is 2012. I forgave myself of my binge, logged everything I ate today, got in some heavy chores and came in under my calorie count for the day. New Year. New Me. No more old me.

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great job and congrats! It is all about self motivation. Only you can change you and you have obviously taken a big step!! :) Good Luck in 2012
  • jessicaloubell
    jessicaloubell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks! :happy: