Burger King Kids Meal

Options
I have to admit that I LOVE fast food. I'm a good girl, generally, though and I hadn't had Burger King in about 6 months. Which is well before I started counting calories. So I decided to get a Kid's Meal...just a cheeseburger and fries with a (teeny-tiny) small chocolate milk-shake. OMG!!!!!!!!! I put it in the food journal and had myself a heart attack. I ate over a thousand calories in a tiny sack of lunch?! I am sick and exhausted (which is why I decided not to cook today) and I was horrified at the thought of having to exercise with the cough I've had this week, but I wouldn't have been able to eat dinner otherwise.:sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I LOVE fast food. I'm a good girl, generally, though and I hadn't had Burger King in about 6 months. Which is well before I started counting calories. So I decided to get a Kid's Meal...just a cheeseburger and fries with a (teeny-tiny) small chocolate milk-shake. OMG!!!!!!!!! I put it in the food journal and had myself a heart attack. I ate over a thousand calories in a tiny sack of lunch?! I am sick and exhausted (which is why I decided not to cook today) and I was horrified at the thought of having to exercise with the cough I've had this week, but I wouldn't have been able to eat dinner otherwise.:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I lost 100lbs a few years ago- (I've managed to keep 80lbs off it- and had 2 more children in the meantime).. anyways I totally cut out ANY and ALL fast food. I didn't eat any for months! One day for some reason someone convinced me to go to Burger King with them- OMG! It made me sick to eat it! But it also made me realize how horrible fast food is for you- that if you go a long time without eating it- that it will actually make you sick to eat it! I never craved fast food- and the thought of it just turns my stomach. (which is a good thing i think. lol)

Isn't it crazy- you think "oh this isn't big so i'll get it and it won't be that bad" and then you realize how horrible it is? Hope you're feeling better soon =)
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I lost 100lbs a few years ago- (I've managed to keep 80lbs off it- and had 2 more children in the meantime).. anyways I totally cut out ANY and ALL fast food. I didn't eat any for months! One day for some reason someone convinced me to go to Burger King with them- OMG! It made me sick to eat it! But it also made me realize how horrible fast food is for you- that if you go a long time without eating it- that it will actually make you sick to eat it! I never craved fast food- and the thought of it just turns my stomach. (which is a good thing i think. lol)

Isn't it crazy- you think "oh this isn't big so i'll get it and it won't be that bad" and then you realize how horrible it is? Hope you're feeling better soon =)

I get the same way. We don't eat fast food as a family usually but we stopped for something quick a couple weeks ago and all of us got sick to the stomach!
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You get too used to the healthier less fatty foods so a sudden intake of fat can just sit heavily on the stomach and make you feel queasy
    I worked in both BK and McD's and sometimes the smell of everything used to make me feel ill but I have never been a fast food lover anyway!
    It's a good reminder next time you feel an urge to eat it .......:bigsmile:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    It's great to understand that you don't want to eat that way, "but if, and when, we all do, "you must remember this day will pass and begin again tomorrow. don't beat yourself up. life is short and the road is filled with temptation. If we were all perfect all the time there wouldn't be any use for websites like this. have a better day and keep up the great work.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have an eight year old daughter and six year old son. A few months ago they wanted to play at McDonald's Play Place, so I bought them their happy meals and they played. Didn't even taste a french fry (my weakness). Well, later that night, we were at our bible meeting and my daughter kept complaining of a stomach ache. I didn't take her seriously because she tends to develop these sudden stomach aches when she doesn't want to be doing something. But even after the meeting in playing with her friends, she was still having problems. She was talking to one of her little friends and let out this ferocious BURP and looks at me and says "Ah, now I feel better! Mommy, please, let's not eat fast food anymore. It does bad things." We haven't since.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

That is why I LOVE the food journel!! When I first started this journey I didnt change a thing and just wrote down every morsel I ate for a week. I would wake up in the middle of the night and say OH I forgot to write down that drink, or whatever.

When I logged it all (which took hours!) I sat in astonishment of the calories of the bad foods (Whopper with cheese and large fries) but more surprised at the GOOD foods!! I mean I had thought it was a wise choice to have Filet O Fish instead..........OMG!!

Good for you. Someone was talking about an Aha moment.............this was one for you!!

BTW looking good there missy!!:flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I treated my kids to BK a few weeks ago and man did that place tick me off!! My kids wanted juice, and choclate milk intstead of soda, and apples instead of fries. Then with my meal I asked for a bottle of water in place of a soda. They freaking charged extra for all of our healthier choices! :explode: I do take the kids out for fast food here and there, but every time we choose healthy sides and drinks and NO ONE else has EVER charged extra for these items! I ended up going through the management channels to get through to BK's district offices to file a complaint. I was beyond offended that they charged my family more to try to make healthier choices. Needless to say, we won't be going there again!
  • chippiepig
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to do it! What seems to work for me is advance planning.
    Don't go when you're starving. Eat an apple or drink a cup of hot tea, but don't sabotage your ability to stop eating when you need to.
    Know what is "ok" before you go. A Whopper Jr no cheese no mayo is only 290 cal, half a small french fries is 115. Add a diet drink and you just splurged your appetite for only 405 cal. But put on mayo and cheese and you're at 420 before you eat a single french fry.
    Get rid of what you don't want to eat before you start eating. If my wife isn't along, I throw away half the french fries. In a restaurant, have the waitperson put half of eveything in the take-away box before I even start.
    What does not seem to work is denying myself the occasional craving. Good luck!