Are we all suffering from orhtorexia?

Options
13»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Um i don't work, I study Chinese language in Beijing. Nobody ever said to me "ni hen pang" (you're fat). In fact a lot of chinese people asked me if i was a model. but looking at all those crazy skinny girls out there makes me a bit unconscious about what "normal" is.
    I read all your messages and you girls have a point. I'm not too skinny nor do i suffer from anorexia, i eat around 1500 kcal most of the time. but i used to weight 110 and i felt beautiful, so i thought 105 would be even better, i just like the "skinny" look.
    I know many girls who are very skinny and healthy and they still eat.
    :)
    [/quote]

Thanks for the insight. If that is a picture of you in your AV, you are thin. Maintain and enjoy. It is nice you are blessed to be ensconced in another culture (although I am unsure where you are from originally)

Have a lovely day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    aw thanks, you too :)
    yes that's my picture. i'm from serbia (south-east europe).
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    In a society where food is not a rarity but is in overabundance, most of us need to keep track of what we eat and impose limits on ourselves. This state of an overabundance of food is a very very recent and completely unnatural phenomenon, so we need to act in an unnatural way to maintain a natural state.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    In a society where food is not a rarity but is in overabundance, most of us need to keep track of what we eat and impose limits on ourselves. This state of an overabundance of food is a very very recent and completely unnatural phenomenon, so we need to act in an unnatural way to maintain a natural state.

What a perfect statement.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No matter where you live, you have to stick up for yourself and your health. At 5'8" 115 pounds cannot be fat-even on the moon.
    Well that's not true. 115 pounds on the moon is 700 pounds on Earth.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know some fitness nuts who are just no fun to be around, because they're too uptight about everything.

The food chain is a huge conspiracy!
    Eating meat is evil....
    The government wants us fat and unhealthy
    The medical profession is controlled by the pharmaceutical industry
    Fluoride in toothpaste is for mind control

And on and on and on....
    I avoid such toxic people like the plague! This gloomy lot of fruitcakes take small measures of truth and just obsess over it.

NO THANKS!

This^^^ Sums it up perfectly!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know some fitness nuts who are just no fun to be around, because they're too uptight about everything.

The food chain is a huge conspiracy!
    Eating meat is evil....
    The government wants us fat and unhealthy
    The medical profession is controlled by the pharmaceutical industry
    Fluoride in toothpaste is for mind control

And on and on and on....
    I avoid such toxic people like the plague! This gloomy lot of fruitcakes take small measures of truth and just obsess over it.

NO THANKS!

This^^^ Sums it up perfectly!

I agree!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    no, i'm 5'8" and i secretly want to weight 105 lbs.
    i weight 115 now and i'm not happy.

I know your goals aren't realistic or healthy, that's why i brought it up. That's what your biggest concern should be. Not "ORTHTOREXIA"

I live in China. I'm practically FAT here. When i go to H&M to buy jeans, i have to get the BIGGEST size.

Much of the Chinese population is SHORT, you're 5'8" ...that might be why you have to get the "BIGGEST size". For your height you are actually considered underweight by all of the BMI charts and calculators that I've seen.
  • SilverStar18
    SilverStar18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    no, i'm 5'8" and i secretly want to weight 105 lbs.
    i weight 115 now and i'm not happy.

I know your goals aren't realistic or healthy, that's why i brought it up. That's what your biggest concern should be. Not "ORTHTOREXIA"

I live in China. I'm practically FAT here. When i go to H&M to buy jeans, i have to get the BIGGEST size.

Much of the Chinese population is SHORT, you're 5'8" ...that might be why you have to get the "BIGGEST size". For your height you are actually considered underweight by all of the BMI charts and calculators that I've seen.

I agree with the last post. Im 5``7 and I am 125lbs and that is still under for MY height and youre an inch taller than me. I do not agree at all that it is okay to be 105lbs at 5``8 no matter where you live.