Feeling unmotivated

Options
I have been doing this for a month now, and I have only lost 7lbs. I guess I should look at it as "I lost 7 lbs!", but I dont know, it feels like 30lbs is sooo far away. Then, I am so mad at myself because I went over my calories yesterday. I feel like crying.:cry: I know its not going to come off overnight, but it seems so much harder this time around (I have lost 40lbs before). Just need some words of encouragement.

Replies

• Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for a month now, and I have only lost 7lbs. I guess I should look at it as "I lost 7 lbs!", but I dont know, it feels like 30lbs is sooo far away. Then, I am so mad at myself because I went over my calories yesterday. I feel like crying.:cry: I know its not going to come off overnight, but it seems so much harder this time around (I have lost 40lbs before). Just need some words of encouragement.
  • bookworm140
    bookworm140 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow! seven lbs! that's awesome. just think, you are almost a fourth of the way there! yay you!! dont worry about going over every once in a while...today is a new day! good luck
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! You're doing great!
    My best friend was the same way, very disappointed at how slowely the weight was coming off. And for awhile, she weighed alot more than me, which she ALSO hated! :laugh: But, now she's within 3 pounds of me! "Slow and steady wins the race!" Just have patience, and I'm sure it'll be the same way for you too! :smile:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in a month is GOOD!!! That's an average of 1.75 pound a week, witch is TOTALLY healthy. Loosing weight at this rate will boost your metabolism and make it more likely that the weight will STAY off. Don't give up! Stay with it, you will be at your goal in about 4-5 months if you keep up the way you are!

Don't worry about going over once in a while either. You have to allow a little wiggle room. Get back on your feet today, and start fresh. You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • josoleil
    josoleil Posts: 17
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello. Islandgirl. 7 lbs lost is a great lost , it's more than a pound a week.
    I read your profile and I stand at the same place in reference to your thight pant. But don't give up ,you're doing super.
    Put a smile on and go for a walk.
  • sapphire092170
    Options
    I know that every pound is hard to lose...whether you need to lose 5, 50 or 100+...but here's a positve for you. You have lost 23.3% of your goal already, and you only have 23 pounds to go. I on the other hand still have 113 more pounds to lose. You're going to get to your goal before I will...lol.

I know that a big number can be very overwhelming...and you can lose motivation quickly...but remember this. Time will continue to go by, whether or not you choose to eat healthy and exercise...so why not wake up in a few months at your goal rather than right where you are today! One day at a time. Make small goals and focus on them...don't look at the big picture. Every pound is a step closer to the you you want to be...so be proud of it. 7 pounds is AWESOME!!! Keep on, keeping on!!!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

OMG... Thats amazing that you have lost 7 pounds... i have been on here since.. october i think and i have only lost 6 pounds ish:laugh:
    Now i need motivation... as soon as anything feels a little bit tighter i say to myself.. stop eating crap - go to the gym and work your *kitten* off!! :happy: so i do!

it just takes me a bit of time to get that motivation! didnt go to the gym once last week.. stupid cold!! :grumble:
    BUT its a new week and a new month:drinker: and i have a trip to ireland in a month n a half.. so that is my motivation!!! whoo

Keep up the fantastic work!!!
  • skittlesoup
    skittlesoup Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    7 lbs is really good! I am like you and want it to be way more but when you stop and think about it and picture it, that's like 7lbs of butter.
    Instead of focusing on the big 30 lb goal, try to focus on 10 lbs at a time. That way, you will feel great about achieving that goal. Once you have reached your 10 lbs, start on another 10. When you get to 15 you will be half way there!
    You can do it. I am at a point right now where I am VERY discouraged and can't seem to lose anything right now but coming here everyday gives me the support that I need and reassures me that I am not alone. There is ALWAYS someone here that is either going through or has gone through what you are. It's comforting to know that people here are always willing to help and give the support that we all need.
    Keep doing what you are doing and stay focused. You will reach your goal before you know it! :flowerforyou:
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You guys make me feel so much better! My 1st goal is 15lbs, and I am almost halfway there! There...thats better.:blushing:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Seven pounds in just a month is fabulous! But I do understand how you feel - I was feeling the same way 2 weeks ago! You're right - it doesn't happen overnight but it IS happening!!

FWIW - I'd be THRILLED with 7 pounds a month! :happy:
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    Options
    :drinker: 7 Pounds....:drinker:

I've been here for more then 1 month & I've only lost 3 pounds....
    I thought i wasn't losing fast enough, so I went back to my old ways for a week....
    I thought I was going to be deperessed!!!
    BUT...... I don't know how, & why but I got up one morning, & said NO
    I'm going back to my old ways..... & I have no idea how i got there...
    I give up as soon as I cheat a little...& I feel so guilty, but who cares you cheated or went a little over your calories.... Just restart & get back to the healthy ways....
    It took me over 3 years to get 40 pounds over weight....
    & because on my profile righting 40 pounds to lose, It was too overwelming for me,
    So I changed it, to every 10 pounds.... Then it feel like more of a good thing as soon as I even lose a pound.
    Once I reach my goal of losing my 10 pounds, then I will redo my profile to another 10 pounds.
    Witch ever way is best for you.... DO IT!!!:flowerforyou:
    Cause Honey!! If I can, YOU CAN....:flowerforyou:
    Have a good week!