Pedometer question

Options
Hi, I just bought a cheap one this weekend that doesn't count calories. Does anyone know how to calculate the calories burned in a 5000 step day? Thank you for your help. :bigsmile:

8665.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• philsdana
    Options
    Hi, I just bought a cheap one this weekend that doesn't count calories. Does anyone know how to calculate the calories burned in a 5000 step day? Thank you for your help. :bigsmile:

8665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Hi there :flowerforyou: my pedometer normally gives me about 50 calories per 1000 footsteps (use this as a guideline only please), but it does depend on how fast or slow you are walking, stairs,hills, sandy beach:noway: etc.
    Why not do a Google search?.
    Good luck :drinker:

Inside me lives a skinny woman :laugh: crying to get out. But I can usually shut the ***** :devil: up with cookies.
  • philsdana
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I tried doing a search and there were so many different scenarios, so I thought I would ask someone who might have one. I do think this one is really too cheap and I'm hoping to buy a better one in the future, but this gives me a general idea as to how much I do walk. Thank you again. Have a good day :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    5000 steps is about the national average for a sedentary person. I wouldn't count it towards calories burned. Sorry. If you get over that, you can change your settings to reflect your activity level.