Sneaking in Nutrition- Vegetable Paste

Options
Vegetable paste can be added to sauces to add more nutrition. Apparently it's pretty good for tricking kids taste buds into eating more veggies. I usually add a few tablespoons to marinara sauce.

1 bunch of fresh Kale
1 bunch of fresh spinach
-Steam spinach and kale until completely soft and greatly reduced in size.
-Whir the spinach/kale mixture in a food processor or blender until it take on the consistency of a pesto.
-Stores well in the refrigerator for 7 days.

There you go, now you have some super-condensed nutrition that you can add by the spoonful to spaghetti, lasagna, smoothies, and creamy soups. It adds very little flavor to the dish, so it won't ruin your recipe, though it may be a little greener!

Replies

• FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Vegetable paste can be added to sauces to add more nutrition. Apparently it's pretty good for tricking kids taste buds into eating more veggies. I usually add a few tablespoons to marinara sauce.

1 bunch of fresh Kale
    1 bunch of fresh spinach
    -Steam spinach and kale until completely soft and greatly reduced in size.
    -Whir the spinach/kale mixture in a food processor or blender until it take on the consistency of a pesto.
    -Stores well in the refrigerator for 7 days.

There you go, now you have some super-condensed nutrition that you can add by the spoonful to spaghetti, lasagna, smoothies, and creamy soups. It adds very little flavor to the dish, so it won't ruin your recipe, though it may be a little greener!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Neat.....do you know if something similar is sold in stores? I'm feelin lazy:laugh: