Busy Mom needing friends to keep motivated

Options
Ladies,

I am a full time working mom of 3. My husband works rotating shifts and is not around for meals 3 out of 5 weeks. So I turn to fast, quick to prepare food. I am in need of some friends to keep me motivated. My goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. Hopefully 25-30 before July (Vacation!). Who would like to join me?

Replies

• ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am also a full-time working mother of 2 boys. My husband works overnight and it is also hard to plan quick, healthy meals where we can all enjoy them together.

This is a great site to help you keep motivated and get all the support you need. Plus, it's amazing once you start tracking everything you eat, you will really think twice before having that second helping or that chocolate king size candy bar! LOL

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your fitness journey!!
  • mrichternh
    mrichternh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks cj! I have added you. My biggest struggle is finding time to exercise. I wake up at 5 am so I have time to get every thing ready for the day, leave the house by 7 with 3 kids ready to go to school. My husband is not around in the AM to help. I am going to try to get up at 4:30am to workout 3 days a week. Will have to see how I do with sleep. Usually I am asleep by 10pm.
  • HotSoupGirl
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    I'm a busy girl also looking for some friends on this whole strange dieting thing. I'm a fairly recent divorcee(that word still feels strange) who works too much looking for fast meals, weightloss and a feeling that I'm in good company!

HotSoupGirl
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm also a FT working mom to 2 young boys. My hubby works 3 nights a week so I am solo with dinner on those nights. Feel free to add me...I love giving support, motivation and tough love when needed. :laugh:
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom....but I'm always looking for more mom friends!!! You can add me if you'd like!!!
  • jgsm
    jgsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi There!

I'm also a busy mom to three. I don't work outside the home, but help my husband with his business, homeschool my youngest (12 yr old) and feel like I'm constantly running him and my other two (16 & 14) around to sports and practices and school functions and friends, etc. I'm new to the boards, but looking for more support this upcoming year. Would love for you guys to add me.

JG
  • lizzy1106
    Options
    I'm looking for more support too! I'm a working mom of two boys (three if you count my husband). I need to lose at least 30 pounds and I'm having a hard time finding the time to exercise. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am a single mother of three and know how hard it is to try to squeeze in some alone time let alone a work out. I am easily motivated yet also discouraged too. I can always use some motivation from others.
  • SonjaCudmore
    Options
    Full time working mom of 2 busy boys. I am at the gym every second day. I also have a cycle at home. I cycle 1/2 hour every day. I have lost 5 inches from my waist and 8 lbs. in 6 weeks. It has been a lot of hard work and time to come this far. With the help of my personal trainer I am supposed to loose another 30 lbs by March Break. I will try my best.

I am putting together my elliptical trainer today.

Has anyone heard of vibration fitness machines. Your supposed to be able to stand on them 10 minutes a day and lose weight. If it could only be that easy. LOL

Keep up the hard work.

S. :)
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to 3 and run a business from home. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • delaneyca
    delaneyca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Cindy and also have 3 boys, but all mine are in college, 2 away and one that commutes. My husband works long hours and usually gets in about 9pm. I have an insane work schedule teaching one college course and working a full time job that consists of flexible hours, including evening meetings.
    I need to lose about 30-40 lb. I am at an unhealthy weight for height and I am feeling it physically, plus going through menapause and do not want the added weight that goes with it.
    I think I have avoided this posting stuff and making friends because that would make me accountable, BUT I think it is time to stop procrastinating, which I do so well, and get onboard! Plus, I am going on a cruise in Nov and would love to be tone.
    Sorry for writing a book but figured if I was going to jump in might as well jump in with both feet.
  • SonjaCudmore
    Options
    Be careful not to wear yourself out. Have your hubby babysit/ watch his children in the evenings. I put my foot down on this one...initially I was taking them to Goodlife with me. There is a day care there. He decided to keep them at home instead.

Goodlife does have a day care it is $7.00 for 2 children for 2 hours. Or a monthly plan I think it was $30.00 the first child and $25 for the second child. It is tax deductible.
    S.
  • frexca
    frexca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! one of my goals this year is to help motivate other people with their weight loss goals as I am trying to reach my weightloss goal, so please feel free to add me!! :)
  • owenmich
    Options
    It used to be the same here, I too am a busy mom of two and my husband worked management and was never home for meals so I was always preparing the quick and simple unhealthy meals. Then he had a change in jobs and was around more and we started on the healthy food band wagon.. unfortunatly the new job which he still has, money is not ideal but his ability to spend time with family is, so because of finances we could not get all the fresh fruits and veggies and had to resort back to quick and easy. I am hoping that starting back up on this makes me more aware of what I am putting into my body. I turn 40 this June and I really need to do something to get back to a healthy me. Good luck with your adventure and I am here if you need support!
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 also! I work full time and my husband works crazy hours. He is home for supper at least during the week and he is home on friday night, saturday night and sunday all day. He leaves early in the morn so it's pretty much all me. I would like to have friends similar to my situation so feel free to add me! I would love to offer support!
  • jennymikael
    jennymikael Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work full time as a university nursing professor and bring much of my work home with me too. I have four-year-old twin girls that keep me very busy too. They started Pre-Kindergarten this year, so I have to get them ready for school, drop them off, and help them with their homework. No matter how simplistic the homework is, it's still work:) My husband works rotating 12-hour shifts. Sometimes he works nights, while other times he works days. I have a dangerous love affair with food, and I eat based on my mood and stress. In the past, I lost right at 30 pounds on Weight Watchers before I became pregnant with my twins. Since their birth, the 50 pounds I gained during pregnancy has grown and grown due to eating what's convenient.

With the New Year, it's time for me to not only become skinnier, but I also need to become a healthier me with more stamina and motivation to succeed. This means skipping fast food and making more meals at home. This means cutting out late night snacking while watching football (I'm a HUGE sports fan!). I need all the support I can get. My husband is on this journey with me too, but I could always use as much motivation and support as I could get. Feel free to friend me. I'd love to help motivate any of you too:)

Good luck in 2012:)
  • roxannedingle
    Options
    You are not alone. My husband travels abroad on average twice a month and works into the late hours of the evening most nights.
    I am a mom of two and often turn to food that gives me instant energy as I haven't had a full nights sleep in 6 yrs. I find losing weight quite easy once I get going but really struggle to keep it down. I need to drop from 182 pounds to 150 in 2 months as I ma headed to the beach for my massive 30th birthday party. Would love some friends to keep me motivated!!