Is the Flowlink really needed?

Options
Hey everyone. I'm looking at getting the Polar FT40 HRM watch. Is it really necessary to put out the extra cash to get the Polar Flowlink for this or any of their hrm watches? For those of you that have used it, what's the pros and cons? Is it just to link up the watch to the website?

This would be my first hrm purchase, so would like appreciate any feedback. Thanks! =)

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't personally have the flow link, but I've used it at my gym to upload my watch data to their system.

It's nice to be able to stick you're watch on the sensor and have it uploaded without having to type it in but is it absolutely necessary? No.

Plus it only uploads to their website and not MFP.. so you'll still need to type it in here anyway.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd rather log everything on the same site, MFP. So I wasn't sure if the flowlink was needed for anything besides logging to Polar's website. I'm sure they have some helpful information on there, but as long as the watch does what I'm looking for (hr, cals burned, stop watch) then I'd think I should be all good. Thanks for your input dad106! =)