logging weigh ins...............

Options
I am a person who needs to weigh daily, I know a lot of you will argue with me and that is fine. However, I believe that we need to do what works for us! This keeps me motivated and in check! So to those of you who weigh daily, do you log it each time you show a loss or do you just have a certain day a week you log it?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily as to get a glance on what I need to do with water, calories and exercise. I usually log my weight here once a week, but use another site with a graph to do my daily weigh ins.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ameaks
    Ameaks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a weigh in every day girl too. I just like to know where I'm at. I only log on Monday's though which helps me be more in control over the weekends. I just logged a gain from Christmas....ugh, but it's Monday so I logged it because i want to be accountable for my bad behavior :)
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started out logging once a week on a set day on MFP. I was getting frustrated. I'd bust my butt and see barely and loss. Then I started logging daily on a phone app (simple weight). Doing this taught me how my weight fluctuates daily.

Now I weigh daily with simple weight app and when I see a loss that LASTS for a few days...I know it's real. You can tell once you see how your body reacts. It works about the same as far as time. I lose weight usually every 7 to 10 days when I'm hitting my regular routine. So it's similar to weighing on a set day but without the mental game.

I've added another app to my phone...libra. When I log my weight on MFP, I log it on that app. That app is awesome and projects my goal date and tracks other information.