SO WE GAIN ALL THIS WEIGHT OVER HOLIDAYS, LET'S LOSE IT NOW!

Options
Hello all, I gain back everything I had lost in a week. One thing for sure is I had never done any exercise since I was in my early 20's and I'm now 54 and in Dec i joined a challenge called 30 day Shred here in MFP and now I can't stop doing it.. I had my husband join in and he made me laugh so hard. He would always tell me that girls exercise are really lame so I challenge him to join me or no whoopee tonight :noway:
So he join in this morning he was out of breath and couldn't keep up, It was so funny to watch him.

Now serious what will everyone be doing to start back on track? I think I found out what will motivated me :laugh:

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I support you in your goals, but not every body gained.
    I lost 6 lbs - and I had a great holiday depriving myself of nothing.

This notion of the inevitability of holiday weight gain is a myth.
    We are in control.

Again, good luck to you - KEEP PUNCHING!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I support you in your goals, but not every body gained.
    I lost 6 lbs - and I had a great holiday depriving myself of nothing.

This notion of the inevitability of holiday weight gain is a myth.
    We are in control.

Again, good luck to you - KEEP PUNCHING!

This exactly. Most people in my friends list lost or maintained, including myself. Once we get off the diet and make a lifestyle change, holidays are a breeze.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I did not lose, but I did not gain. I am happy with that.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i lost half a pound, because discipline and moderation are away of life. now i'm waiting for february so all these resolutionists clear out of my gym.
  • muthrb
    muthrb Posts: 16
    Options
    Stepped on the scale this morning and realized that I gained back half of my loss in one week. Ugh! Embarrassed at my loss of discipline! Back on the plan. Have to look good for my daughter's wedding in June.... 20 lbs to go.
  • muthrb
    muthrb Posts: 16
    Options
    Then the remaining 54...
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound. Overall, that is pretty stinkin' good, considering there were days I know I went overboard! On that note though, I am going to focus more on making living healthy a lifestyle, so when the holidays come back around, I don't gain anything ever again!
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i lost half a pound, because discipline and moderation are away of life. now i'm waiting for february so all these resolutionists clear out of my gym.

Hahaha, I am dreading going to my Gym tomorrow, purely for this reason! Loads of people doing there New Years Resolution thing....:smile: