40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Somehow, I managed to lose a pound over Christmas! Now I just have to survive the leftovers. 8.8 pounds down since I started here on 11/4!
  • Emmybeth88
    Emmybeth88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a cool kid too. I’m 44 trying to lose 15lbs. I’ve been relatively active and healthy for most of my life but age is catching up with me. Can I join?
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How do you join the "Cool Kids Club"? :)
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    TayJoMama wrote: »

You just did! You too, @Emmybeth88 ! Welcome!
  • Kel_bel1978
    Kel_bel1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 on January 2- hope I'm not joining prematurely :)
    My driver's license is expiring so I went to get my new one and I don't recognize the person in the picture. I don't like how I've been feeling over the past year or so. That picture has lit a fire in me and I need to take control of my nutrition. Looking to you all as role models and for support!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    CCCCCOLD!!!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    TayJoMama wrote: »
    Go Hawks!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I got not one but two “whoooos” tonight from Coach. When I asked if my clean&jerk was okay, he said of course yeah, we don’t give out those very often. Lol

Seriously though no idea what I’m doing when it comes to the Olympic lifts. I don’t care. I have fun.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    We are in the middle of a deep freeze here with temps of -40 and colder. As a result, I haven't done much and I can feel it, and the scales are showing it. :( Really need to get myself moving.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Was doing well for the last year. Kind of lost my momentum with the change of season to winter. I was doing Stronglifts and also completed the C25K program. Going to get back to logging today and browsing the apps to find a new program. Considering the Sworkit app.
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Go Hawks!

YES!!!
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Go Hawks!

YEEEESSSS!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Ones...

I'm just about done with an 8 week break from structured training. Since I didn't take a break from eating Christmas cookies, the scale moved up quite a few notches. No surprise there. This winter, I'll follow the eating plan that I used last spring while working with a dietician. I had good success with it, since it provided enough calories for training while still allowing weight loss. Expecting similar results this time. Goal is a 15lb loss by racing season.

On Sunday I'm heading to SW Oklahoma to visit my son, who is a waterfowl hunting guide. I'll spend a few days duck and goose hunting (and visiting my Labrador Retriever), before returning on Thursday.

Happy New Year.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good morning! I've officially survived the holiday madness without gaining any weight! Woohoo! Okay, it actually wasn't that hard. I spend so much time baking the goodies that I'm pretty much over it by the time it comes to eating them, lol.

I have big goals for 2018, including surviving my daughter's wedding, growing my Etsy business, completing at last one race a month, writing a book, and moving to another state. Exercise, nutrition, and time management are going to be very important this year. No more Candy Crush for me! But I'm not giving up Pokemon. I have way too much fun with my kids with that game. Besides everyone needs at least one vice.

Happy New Year, everyone! Be safe, make good choices, and don't forget to tip your servers and bartenders!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts done. 5k done. Planning out my beer drinking afternoon. Happy New Years all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Back from our post-christmas mountain resort visit. Wayyyy too cold for my liking.

Cardio day at the warm gym, to morrow.