40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    sdereski, it is finally warm enough here we are going to try to get out snowshoeing tomorrow. It has been waaayyyyy too cold ALL month, so haven’t done ANY lately!

Hope you enjoyed it! :)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Some drunk POS rear ended my 24 yo daughter 23 February. Car totaled but daughter doesn't appear to have broken parts. Very sore and we'll see how she does over time. Drunk never slowed down as daughter was stopped at a red light. Impact drove her across six lanes of traffic but noone hit her again.

Wow! Glad to hear she was not seriously hurt. I despise impaired drivers. My 20 year nephew was killed by an impaired driver. So tragic and so senseless. :(
  • sdereski
    Options
    I had a busy weekend. Curled Friday and Saturday in a bonspiel, then snowshoed on Sunday in a midst of a wild snowstorm. Bush was beautiful with the snow laden trees. Today I ran over 5 miles. I need to get more miles in running as I have a 1/2 marathon at the end of April.
    Finally got the housework / laundry all caught up after a fun filled weekend. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1" & "Body Beast: Beast Up: Legs"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Some drunk POS rear ended my 24 yo daughter 23 February. Car totaled but daughter doesn't appear to have broken parts. Very sore and we'll see how she does over time. Drunk never slowed down as daughter was stopped at a red light. Impact drove her across six lanes of traffic but noone hit her again.

Wow! Glad to hear she was not seriously hurt. I despise impaired drivers. My 20 year nephew was killed by an impaired driver. So tragic and so senseless. :(

We're not sure what injuries she has but there are not broken bones. The drunk driver is 31 and still living with parents. Parents have money but this "adult" doesn't appear to and may not have insurance. Car was 15 years old. Wonder how much mommy and daddy are enabling? ?? Do I sound angry? ;)
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know most folks do this at the start of the year! But I think it might be time to reevaluate my goals and adjust my course a little.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    I know most folks do this at the start of the year! But I think it might be time to reevaluate my goals and adjust my course a little.

Regular self assessment and goal evaluation is helpful for me. I start with a plan in the off-season and then training brings a series of course corrections, whether due to injuries, training time, scheduling, etc.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

We're not sure what injuries she has but there are not broken bones. The drunk driver is 31 and still living with parents. Parents have money but this "adult" doesn't appear to and may not have insurance. Car was 15 years old. Wonder how much mommy and daddy are enabling? ?? Do I sound angry? ;)

What a mess! Praying for nothing life-changing for your daughter. No broken bones is a good start. I live in an area where DUIs are common. I just don't understand people. Hopefully the accident will be life-changing for the other diver.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Hill sprints today and some core work with P90X2.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I finally got to resume running yesterday after a month off. I enjoyed an easy 4 mile run around the track with no pain. I"m hoping that I have just enough time to get some run fitness back before a half marathon in Las Vegas in late April. Baby steps. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike trainer. It’s been a rough day, so I’m pleased that I made exercise a priority.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,973 Member
    Options
    5 miles on the stationary bike, followed by 20 min HIIT (with rowing as the base cardio) for a nice workout during my deload week.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Intervals. It was No Weight Wednesday. I do like my body weight exercises!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1" & "Body Beast: Beast Up: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Wet and muddy trail run around a local lake. Peaceful and quiet. Except for my own swearing every time I slipped in the mud.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    4-mile run today. It was supposed to be 6 miles but I got a late start and ran out of time. It was a great day for a date. A couple rounds of mini golf and a hilarious round of disc golf. Yeah, it was worth giving up the 2 miles!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Unplanned rest day today. I’m midway through a strength block. Every time, at this point I kind of crash, needing some time off, lots of sleep and lots of protein and carbs. This block is no exception! At least my coach is understanding. Aiming for 10 hrs sleep tonight, so nighty night everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Cardio 2 & Core 1"=Done!