Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I exceeded 20K steps yesterday, that's a whole new level!
  • 4LeafMint
    4LeafMint Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Male, 49 and 258 lbs today.
    I thought I would join before I was too old. I love lifting weights and cycling. I am not really that much overweight but trying to lose down to 240 lbs. Want to compete in a weightlifting competition at 240 lbs when I turn 50 and break a few records. Never used steroids and hate them with a passion. But I can blow past the drug users only because of my age.
    Started a new diet about a month ago keeping up with my macros...2000 cal, 240g protein, 100g carbs. And I am not eating till after 12:00 pm. I know exactly what I am going to eat everyday so that I don't eat crazy after 12:00. Would love to hear what diet others are on who weight lift and are loosing weight. There is always something to learn from others.
  • gam3rguy
    edited May 2019
    Options
    “22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force sandWOD “Holla Back!”=Done!
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    49 and in my last few months before I turn 50. So far lost 80 pounds and kept off 70 of this over the past couple of years. Long journey, aiming to lose another 30 pounds.

Running 4 days per week and walk about 15000 to 20000 steps per day. At the end of a 1.5 year career sabbatical which has tested my boredom eating willpower.

Glad I found this thread.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Once again, I have been on the road a lot. On the road again tomorrow. Sigh.
    I did get a run in, followed by an hour of Pilates last night. Was planning on going for a little run today and it is SNOWING out! Horrible, wet, white flakes. Ugh.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Total Synergistics and Ab Ripper done last night, feeling kind of amazing today!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "The Master's Hammer and Chisel: Hammer Power"=Done! WITH SANDBAGS!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    My gawd my scale is just NOT co-operating.

I need to take a break from the scale....I need to pick up my measuring tape, again. I am really, really hard on myself and it is turning into a really unhealthy obsession with a scale.
  • flintflash1
    flintflash1 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just got back to MFP a couple weeks ago and saw this group. I am 51 and looking to lose 50 lbs. Was running regularly 2 years ago and training for first half marathon before a knee issue. Then BLAM, gianed my weight back. I'm an ol' CC (Calorie Count) refugee looking for a group like this (was part of one on that site). Besides, I ALWAYS want to hang with the Cool Kids!! :)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    My gawd my scale is just NOT co-operating.

I need to take a break from the scale....I need to pick up my measuring tape, again. I am really, really hard on myself and it is turning into a really unhealthy obsession with a scale.

I feel your pain. The measuring tape is a much better (and truer) indicator.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Eccentric Upper and Pilates - done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Reading the posts and its good to see so many Cool Kids getting it done.

I've really had to adjust my expectations lately as I go through rehab work with the chiropractor. Today, he said that I could resume some light cycling, but only for 15 minutes at a time. So I guess its going to be baby steps for awhile. :)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Beachbody Yoga Studio: Muscle Recovery with Ted"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Still not wanting to tax that ankle too much just yet.
    22 minute hard corps cold start 8 Brute Force Basic 1.0! 90#! (60# for overhead press, big bag is TOO big to clear my head without ducking under it. LOL!) ☠️👍
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 19, 60#!!!
    Stupid On Demand kept crashing on me, YouTube worked, so I “METALed” my way through Alpha 19. Went back to on demand after.
    so...first third-ish of 22MHC/Alpha19/rest of 22MHC!=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Incinerator - done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 cold start, Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 20, 60#!!! & Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    5 mile run and 100 squats. :)