Nutrition Facts for your own Recipes!!

Options
I have been trying to watch not only my calories but my sodium content as well. Since my BP has been so high I wanted to make sure I know what everything has in it. The most difficult is when I cook I want to know what the end result is without having to add everything up and make some guesses along the way. I love to cook and I don't add very much salt to my foods and try to be careful with my calories but I just did not know what to put down in my diet journal.

So I went surfing on the internet and found this site called recipecalc and I put my first 2 recipes in and feel much better about the counts than if I had done it myself. There are a few sites out there but none that I can find that are free. This one is free for 20 days which gives me time to see if I can find others.

If you know of any please let me know! I really want to be accurate on my nutritional facts.

THANKS!

Stacy

Replies

• ltsoccermom
    Options
    I have been trying to watch not only my calories but my sodium content as well. Since my BP has been so high I wanted to make sure I know what everything has in it. The most difficult is when I cook I want to know what the end result is without having to add everything up and make some guesses along the way. I love to cook and I don't add very much salt to my foods and try to be careful with my calories but I just did not know what to put down in my diet journal.

So I went surfing on the internet and found this site called recipecalc and I put my first 2 recipes in and feel much better about the counts than if I had done it myself. There are a few sites out there but none that I can find that are free. This one is free for 20 days which gives me time to see if I can find others.

If you know of any please let me know! I really want to be accurate on my nutritional facts.

THANKS!

Stacy
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    Stacy - check out http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp its a great place to make your own recipes and find all the nutritional facts as well. It was once passed on to me from another at MFP when I joined a few months back it is a true God send for us people who love to cook but are unsure as to the final cal count and mutritional info too.
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine found a really excellent site called www.thedailyplate.com
    It has almost EVERYTHING in it and the nutrition info is free. This works best for me if I've decided to eat out. I can pretty much find any dish on that site. Good luck!
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    RodeoRuss THANKS! That is much easier to use than the one I suggested!!! :smile: