Sugar in Healthy Food

Options
I've been on MFP for about a month, and when I set my food diary originally, I didn't think I would need to track my sugar intake, because I rarely eat any kind of dessert, don't like pop, and don't add extra sugar to anything.

This morning, I set my calorie intake to 1200 per day, down from 1290, which I'm having no trouble meeting (I'm a 19 year old female who's 5'2" and 127lbs). At the same time, I changed my diary settings to include sugar. I found out that I am consistently way over on sugar! I have an apple every day, and a medium-sized apple of any kind is more than half of my daily allowance. This means I only have about 10g of sugar left for everything else, and I usually have more fruit than just an apple!

Is this count really low, or am I just overestimating how much sugar I need? Any advice on how to get all the fruit I need and stay within my limit would be wonderful. I don't know much about sugar content in anything else, so feel free to look at my diary to let me know if the bread I eat is really high in sugar or something. If anyone looks at my diary, though, please ignore everything between December 20-31. Today's diary is how I usually eat, which is what I'm worried about! Thank you!