healthy 215 cal pb & j!

Options
lifeskittles
lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
Natures own 100% whole wheat 2 slices 100 cal
2 tblspn of pb2 powdered peanut butter mixed with 1 tblspn of water 45 cal
2 tblspn of palamers strawberry with fiber spread 70 cal

Yummy and filling.... Thought id share because I love pb & j but its normally so high in cals!

Replies

• KirstenSalvatore
    Options
    I sometimes do a 'baby' pb&j if the calories would make me over my limit. I'll just take a slice of Fiber One Multigrain Bread, cut that in half. Put 1 tsp of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter on it and 1 tsp of Nature's Promise Grape or Strawberry Fruit Spread. Then put the two sides together. It's half of a sandwich... but works as a nice snack. Or to go along with more 'sides' of veggies or fruits, etc. It ended up being 97 calories!! Yum! If I doubled it it would have been 194 calories. So yea, still yummy!
  • angelakeagan
    Options
    Also u can use light oatmeal bread 70 cal for 2 slices, 1tsp of peanut butter around 50 and some sugar free jam 1tbsp which is 10 cal. There P&J for 130 calories
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    Yeah but this one actually doesn't taste like garbage.... 1tsp of peanut butter? You kidding me what kind of sandwhich is that? It's about making a healthy and delicious alternative... And sugar free products aren't good for you. They just add in a bunch of chemical to reproduce the taste....
  • angelakeagan
    Options
    Let me get this straight, some peanut butter powder is Healthy???
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My PB sandwich consist of 2 brown bread (100 calories; 50 each), I table spoon of peanut butter (100 calories) and 1 table spoon of strawberry jam (50 calories)...it tastes like heaven!.....and no powdered stuff !
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Thanks for posting. I love pb&j too, especially for breakfast, but don't normally eat it becuase of the calories.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Just FYI: It's Polaners. And it is yummy :). Also, Heiner's makes wheat bread that is only 35 calories a slice. And peanut butter isn't bad for you. Your body needs some fat for essential functions.
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    sounds fab - i love pb and j so am very happy to find a healthy way of eating it :) thank you!
  • angelakeagan
    Options
    Actually I do eat peanut butter no matter how many calories because it's also good fats and protein.
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    Lol yes the powdered peanut butter is good for you. It has three ingredients.... Peanuts sugar and salt. Yes it is polaners I messed up the name. :). Nothing wrong with regular peanut butter I just prefer the lower fat in the powdered.
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    I meant lower cal not lower fat. I like to eat all day.