Busy busy mom

Options
My name is Michelle. I have a 9 month old boy who is a BIG momma's boy. I can't even sit on the couch, I have to be on the floor with him. I work from 7:30 until 5:30 in the evening and then I have to go home and cook and clean the house. I usually go to bed by 9 because my son will wake up twice at night and my husband leaves at 6 every morning to go to work and he comes home around 6 in the evening and works on remodeling our house. How can I find time to exercise? I need help! I've noticed my breathing is heavier because I'm overweight and out of shape. What do I do?

Replies

• mczwright
    Options
    Can someone please give me some advice?
  • sara_mom
    sara_mom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is a class in my city that you "wear" your baby while exercising. Do you have a carrier? I guess your little one is a little heavier then mine, but there are back carriers you could use while hopping around or doing a dance etc... the class here is salsa with the baby in the carrier. And the extra weight is actually good for your work out. :-)
  • mczwright
    Options
    Wow, I never thought of that...I do use him as weights when we're playing...like lift him up in the air and slowly bring him back down. But after just a few times, he gets tired of it so it doesn't really feel like it helps much...I'll have to try the carrier. :) Thank you so much!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    At the weekends I used to push the buggy up all the hills in the local parks - often during my daughters naptime...it's hard work and certainly got me fitter - (and of course we ended up in a playground!). I also bought some dance type excercise DVDs for when you are stuck in the house in the evenings...I took my daughter to regularvswimming sessions and now she's older we are both so used to stripping off and jumping in that i get 30 mins of swming whilst she has her lesson. And if hubby was there in the early days we would take it in turns to play with her or swim. (do you get a lunch break at work? Maybe go for a walk or swim/gym?) hope these ideas help!