Day 1 of juice fast!

Options
dsckrc
dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
Thought I would just post a little about how my day has been so far.

Had my morning juice of apples and carrots and it wasn't too bad.

Exercised on the elliptical for 30 minutes and drank 12 ou of water.

Lunch was a juice of celery and pineapple. Not as good as morning juice but I survived it. Had to drink 8ou of water to rinse my mouth out. The celery smell was bad and the burps were worse but I still chalk it up as a successful juice. Will probably add lemon to it next time?! No coffee and still no headache as of 12:45. Took one of my daily vitamins with my lunch juice.

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    what is the purpose of this?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Liquid diets are temporary. Also juicing doesn't provide the amount of macronutrients (especially protein) to help muscle not to catabolize. Loss of lean muscle weight means lower metabolism and once you start eating again, the weight will pile back on. Better to just learn how to eat real food and stay in calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Probably to detox.
    It's called juice feasting, and it's very healthy for you if
    you do it right.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Probably to detox.
    It's called juice feasting, and it's very healthy for you if
    you do it right.
    Health has more to do with weight (not being obese/overweight), not being sedentary, not engaging in health harming habits (smoking EX), getting enough rest, environment, and genetics.
    Detoxing is a fad and juice fasting doesn't make you any healthier just because you do it. You can actually lose lean muscle ( not ideal) due to the lack of protein and lack of total calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    day 1 was good - until it wasn't! i had 3 successful juices and an excellent workout but my body began fighting back around 6pm. the headache was barely tolerable and i was so sick to my stomach. i ended up caving and having a small portion of dinner with my family. i felt much better physically but emotionally i felt like a failure. my new juicing plan has become to just replace breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack with a healthy juice and eat a sensible dinner. almost like slimfast, i guess, but healthier. this way, i still get my protein at dinner. you see, my opinion is that by replacing cereal or grits with fresh fruit and veggies, i'm making a healthy decision. how can it be wrong to juice fresh fruit and vegetables in lieu of a turkey sandwich and special k chips? i will try to do this for atleast the remainder of the week and then next week, just replace one meal per day with juice. i am excited about this plan. i think it is more reasonable than my original juice only fast.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!