Newbie Needs Advice

Options
Hello everyone. I'm a 31 year old female and just getting back into working out after a 3-year hiatus. I've always been active, never been overweight, and am the most unfit I've ever been right now. We follow a traditional foods diet and eat pretty well. I just joined a gym almost 3 months ago after quitting when my daughter was born 3 years ago. For the first 2 months, I worked out 5 days a week doing spinning, elliptical, weights, pilates, and yoga and saw no results. A friend suggested MFP and I've been doing it almost 2 weeks. I have about 10 pounds to lose and really just want to tone and firm. I gained 2 pounds, then lost it, which is why my profile shows a loss, but I'm really just right where I started when I joined the gym. I'm working pretty hard at the gym and have now incorporated a kickboxing/cardio class that is killer. I'm feeling stronger, but am the same size. I guess my question is: am I eating too much or not enough? Should I aim for 1 pound a week or 1/2? At 1 pound/week MFP is allowing 1240 calories and I'm starving some days. However, since I'm not losing, I'm afraid to go for 1/2 pound a week and eat more calories. I'm still getting the hang of the way MFP works with net calories, etc. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!!