Recommend your HRM

Options
I am looking to purchase a HRM and would like to have your suggestions on what brand you all prefer. All feedback is welcomed.
Thank you!

Replies

• liv73
    liv73 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am in the same situation and would love to read some user feedback as well. I hear a lot about the Polar FT4. I would love to pick up one this week and better track my HR and calories.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT4 and so far I really like it. So easy to setup and use (I'm not tech savy) and I like that the machines at my gym are Polar ready so it actually displays my heartrate on the machine b/c it can pick it up from my monitor.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I couldnt afford a Polar or anything close to it so ended up buying this one from Ebay and its absolutely brilliant!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200690879679
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 . I love it! Easy to use and read during exercises. If you can get it on Amazon , can be as low as 60$ I paid for mine 110 at Target and I missed the sale :(
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and absolutely love it.... Was Going to get the FT7 but wanted the VO2max and training program offered on the FT60..... Bought it off heartratemonitorsusa.com at check out if you type in Polar you get an extra 5% off plus they have free shipping.....
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. It's super easy to use. I paid about $90 for mine at Sports Authority but that included some type of insurance that includes the right to trade it in in future and only pay difference between newer model and what I originally paid. I thought it was well worth it!
  • danidav88
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. I have only had it for about 4 days as I bought it with my christmas money but it does everything I need it to do. I bought it off base.com for £49.99 if that helps anyone.
  • paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin 250. As a runner, I like to take advantage of all of the GPS stuff and go nerdy analyzing the details of my runs.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to spend alot of money on mine so I opted for the MIO Drive. I got mine at Academy for $45. It was very comparable to the Polar and kept on track great and it's super easy to set up and use. I loved it so much got my husband one too.
  • ritzl
    ritzl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the F11 and absolutely love it!
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just bought a Polar FT4 from Amazon and I can't wait for it to arrive!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I've got the polar FT4 as well, its fantastic
  • Kelico528
    Options
    I am in the market for a HRM too :-) For those of you with the Polar FT4, are you able to change the battery yourself? I heard that with some Polar models you have to send it in to the manufacturer to change the battery.
  • liv73
    liv73 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will be buying one too...I keep hearing amazing things about it. :)

Just got one for $63 at Bodytronics. :)
  • JethroXP
    JethroXP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I got my wife a Polar FT4 for Christmas, and we both thought it was so cool that I bought a Polar FT7 for myself. Polar seems to be the standard in regards to syncing with Gym Equipment, all of the Precor Ellipticals and Treadmills at our gym will automatically display your heart rate when you are wearing the chest strap.

I purchased my wife's FT4 at Roadrunner Sports, and even with the member discount it was $80, but I later saw it on Amazon.com for $56. I got my FT7 on Amazon for $72.

The monitor will use the standard formula of 220 - Age to determine your HRMax, and then the amount of time you spend at X% of HRMax determines the calorie burn it will report. To get a more accurate report of calories burned you should try to determine your own HRMax and then enter that into the monitor's settings, overriding the default value. For me it was reporting high at the default setting, while for my wife it was reporting low. After making the adjustment is seems more realistic now.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I couldnt afford a Polar or anything close to it so ended up buying this one from Ebay and its absolutely brilliant!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200690879679

Ditto! Too poor for a Polar. I got the Gaiam heart rate monitor. It's a great little easy to use basic HRM. No bells and whistles, just a straight forward HR, calories burned, fat burned monitor. It's also got a chest strap so it's nice an accurate! (and CUTE to boot!) It's not on ebay anymore but about the same price on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-Se331-Gaiam-Trainer/dp/B0044RWYTA