Kinda bummed today

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Well I woke up this morning feeling pretty good about life in general. I had lost another 3 lbs this week and things were looking up. Until........................................

I found out we will not be getting our bonuses this year, even though we have earned them. With no signed contracts for the rest of the year, she can't afford to give us our bonuses on the jobs we have already completed. I'm not complaining really, I am lucky to still have a job. It's just that I had planned to use those bonuses for our vacation this year. We have already booked a cruise and was going to finish paying for it with the bonuses. I didn't want to have to dip into our savings for it. Guess I better start looking for a part time job. What a way to ruin a perfectly fine day!!!!!:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :frown:

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well I woke up this morning feeling pretty good about life in general. I had lost another 3 lbs this week and things were looking up. Until........................................

I found out we will not be getting our bonuses this year, even though we have earned them. With no signed contracts for the rest of the year, she can't afford to give us our bonuses on the jobs we have already completed. I'm not complaining really, I am lucky to still have a job. It's just that I had planned to use those bonuses for our vacation this year. We have already booked a cruise and was going to finish paying for it with the bonuses. I didn't want to have to dip into our savings for it. Guess I better start looking for a part time job. What a way to ruin a perfectly fine day!!!!!:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :frown:

Memaw
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Hi Memaw66,

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, that would be demotivating. Hope you make the best of the news and find a great part time job so you get to enjoy your cruise. Take very good care. Tks for sharing what's going on in your life and asking for support here in MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the pinch is hitting everywhere, but I'm sorry it hit you too.

On the other hand, I always thought a PT job at a the desk at a fitness center would be nice. I'd already be around people working out, and I could just hit the weights after my shift!
  • SexySize9
    SexySize9 Posts: 43
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was counting on my raise this year but salaries are frozen. Their next big fix is to start laying people off.
  • mburris
    mburris Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. But like you said you still have your job and feel healthy and motivated enough to be here.

I'm a teacher and never had to pay for insurance, only to find out that premiums have increased this year and we have to pick up the difference. Bonuses were also cut for us. Everyone's feeling the effects of the economy; we'll see how things turn out. :ohwell:

Best of luck with your situation and I hope you find a solution. :flowerforyou:

Where do you teach? I am teacher and I have to pay $130.00 of our insurance. The crazy thing is, my husband is also a teacher, and it is cheaper for him to carry my daughter on his insurance. I carry my own insurance. The family plan with two school board employees cost much more than each carrying our own? Anyone can figure that out? The economy has been rough on everyone. I hope thing turn up soon.:grumble:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That definitely sucks. We just found out that our raises are not going to be handed out to later in the year and we have been warned not to expect that much since there isn't a lot to go around. I agree with you though, I'm just thankful to have a good job. Have a great time on your vacation, you've earned it:smile: