logging exercise while at work?

Options
hey, i was wondering if anyone logs calories burned while at work? i have my fitness level set to sedentary and i know i definately wouldnt log if i had it set to lightly active, but i only work part time since im studying. i work in a department store, and so for example in a 6 hour shift i get no break and am required to constantly be moving (albeit not strenuously), running up three flights up stairs to get stuff from the stock room, etc. i was just wondering if anyone else is in this kind of situation/aren't but have advice on logging?

Replies

• chicklidell
    Options
    I wouldn't log it, consider it a bonus....it's not an actual workout, where you're focused and sweating and the intensity isn't there...yes it's exercise, but think of it as a bonus. I teach fitness classes..I don't count them..it's work, my body has or will if it's a new class, adapt to it, it becomes part of a routine and pretty insignificant for calorie burning. I used to be a postal worker, walking up to 8 km a day with 50 lbs on my back...but it wouldn't count, because my body was used to it..make sense? just think of it as a bonus, otherwise you're likely to replace an actually workout with your job calories you burned, ...my advice...don't do it.
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it, consider it a bonus....it's not an actual workout, where you're focused and sweating and the intensity isn't there...yes it's exercise, but think of it as a bonus. I teach fitness classes..I don't count them..it's work, my body has or will if it's a new class, adapt to it, it becomes part of a routine and pretty insignificant for calorie burning. I used to be a postal worker, walking up to 8 km a day with 50 lbs on my back...but it wouldn't count, because my body was used to it..make sense? just think of it as a bonus, otherwise you're likely to replace an actually workout with your job calories you burned, ...my advice...don't do it.

okay cool :) normally i would put in like 20 minutes of slow walking to cover the exercise burned in like a 5 hour shift, but thers not much point really. i think i'll start doing that, and treating it as a bonus :)
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is part of my daily routine such as cleaning, grocery shopping etc.
    I sit down all day but I have seen people log every time they lift a finger and I think that would impede results. I do, however, log if I am walking all day at an amusement park or something, but just about half or a third of the time spent.