Kindles?

Options
2»

Replies

• nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got the Kindle Fire when it came out 2 months ago and haven't been able to put it down!! I LOVE it!! I don't however love how much money I manage to spend with Amazon!! Besides the Hunger games trilogy, what other books do you guys recommend?
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    I have the original Kindle and I still love it. I do prefer an actual book in my hands at times, though.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my kindle...I've had it for about a year now...Read so many books I wouldn't have read otherwise because they are free...

One book I did buy and really enjoyed was the Wizard of OZ Collection......
  • Tiffany572
    Options
    The kindle I have is te Fire.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started 2 years ago with the kindle for iPhone. Then, I got an iPad and read on that, still do a lot. Then, over thanksgiving, someone posted a deal on the kindle fires on slickdeals and my dad and I did two trips each to Walmart to get them to price match that deal for $123.83 each. So, I got one, my mom got one, my sister in law got one, and my dad got one.

The reasons I love my kindle and kindle apps and can't stand a book anymore:

- I read at night, both the ipad and the fire are backlit, so I don't need an extra light
    - I read a lot on the go, and having my iphone in my pocket is like having any book I want with me, and because it's 3G, I can always get more
    - All the apps and devices have WhisperSync, so if I am reading on the iPad, put it down and the 3-year old steals it, I pick up the kindle and it tells me, "you last read this book at 6:55pm on the iPad and you left off on page 120, would you like to go to that page?" and just like that, I am exactly in the right part of the book
    - My best friend lives in Maryland and has the EXACT same taste in books as I do. We used to ship big boxes of books to each other. Now, we just hit the LEND THIS BOOK button and TAAAA DAAAA!!! It's there.
    - And last, but by far not least, I read a lot of smutty romances. They all have half naked guys on the covers and barely clad women wrapped around them. I'm a professional, so having a book like that in my purse is a bit weird and uncomfortable. This way, it's all good.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I was going to get a Kindle Fire, but when the Nook tablet came out, I decided to go with that. I need some Nook friends so I can use the Lend Me book feature. lol
    Trying to see if our library participates in the electronic check out - I hear some of them are letting you do that now.

I can with my Nook, but it's not exactly user-friendly. I actually had to do some googling to figure out how. I had to download Adobe digital editions, download the book to that, then connect the Nook and drag it over. I wonder if it's easier with the Kindle.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Love my Kindle fire...along with books (Hunger Games triology was great), I found MFP on apps (FREE), so I have it most anywhere with wifi, Words with Friends..news, FB, email. Can't say enough LOVE IT!
  • Zoot_
    Zoot_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hopefully getting my kindle fire on friday as a late Christmas present from my hubby! Very excited since I was only able to read the first book of the Hunger Games!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second ebook! I had a Sony ebook & when that died I got a kindle. Love, love love it!