I SURVIVED THE HOlIDAYS!!

Options
Hehehehe I just got a little giddy :laugh:

My fiance has a big italian family, so there was TONS of food and desserts and deliciousness all around and I kept to my calories each day except for christmas day. I actually lost weight!! Horray!

Everytime I go to eat something I think about my wedding dress and it's helping! I finally have something to motivate me! :smooched:

Replies

• jcposton
    jcposton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I know what you mean by having lots of good food and many family gatherings with lots of good food. I too was proud of myself for keeping goals in mind and not over eating at the many gatherings. Best of luck on your continued life change! Also, best of luck on the up coming Wedding/plans!
  • cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    WoW! Great job! My fiance is Italian and man did we have a lot of food too! Yay for your dress!!!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Me too! I did overindulge Christmas Eve, day, and the next couple days out of town with family but by some miracle only put on a pound from it. And then mid-last week got hit with a stomach bug and although it was no fun it left me down about 3 pounds from where I was before the holidays and I've been maintaining and building on that. Woo hoo!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm also happy that I've done as well as I did this year. I even overindulged a few times and would jump up a lb or two but then it would come back off.

A couple of times I was even surprised to find the scale going down when had expected up.

Overall I've only maintained not lost but NO GAIN <OMG HAPPY DANCE: bigsmile: > this winter/holiday season. Awesome.

I've been keeping up with a good bit of exercise and doing a half lemon's worth of fresh lemon juice in warm water in the morning. Seems helpful to me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I married an italian man so I totally understand! :) Great job keeping on track through the holidays!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!